How much carbs to lose weight?

Options
Ok, so I'm eating a total of 1500 kcal a day to get a 500 kcal deficit, How much of the 1500 kcal should be carbs?

Replies

• Pulvermos
    Options
    ......In order to lose weight.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you looking to lose 55 kg ? I would start at 100g a day of carbs and see how it goes for at least 2 weeks. 100-120g of protein and approx 60-70g of fat to balance it up.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm happy if I keep mine under 200, but I really don't believe that carbs are bad. Other than eating more than your TDEE, food isn't bad.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    As long as you are hitting your calorie goals, there is quite a bit of leeway in how many carbs you could have. If you are in a deficit, you'll lose weight regardless. I usually hit 30-40% carbs. Some people go very low and some go higher. Whatever works for you.
  • lesteidel
    lesteidel Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Somewhere between 0% and 100%

Seriously. As long as you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight.

You will, however stay full longer the less simple carbs you eat.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I usually have no more than 100g on weight training days, en no more than 50g the rest of the days.

Right now I'm keeping my carbs to the minimum, so I use fat as energy instead of sugar (ketogenic), but that's temporary.
  • Pulvermos
    Options
    you looking to lose 55 kg ? I would start at 100g a day of carbs and see how it goes for at least 2 weeks. 100-120g of protein and approx 60-70g of fat to balance it up.

Actually I'm looking to lose 6 kg. Thanks for the answer, though.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Actually I'm looking to lose 6 kg. Thanks for the answer, though.

your tracker said a lot more at the time, sorry :-)