Wisconsin Pals

Options
This is a thread started for a couple of us gals that have been pals for some time.

Replies

• RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not part of the thread but I'm originally from Wisconsin. Wanted to say hello to fellow people in Wisconsin! :drinker:
  • MrsJ2006
    MrsJ2006 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hi Cindy, Thanks for making a board for Wisconsin.

Today's another hot humid day, Bleh. Im over the humidity.
  • MrsJ2006
    Options
    Redneck, where in Wisconsin did you live?
  • becwheels
    becwheels Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Found it Cindy. Thanks!

Maybe we can get some new friends with some refreshing, new ideas to keep us on track!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Redneck, where in Wisconsin did you live?

I was born in Wisconsin Rapids. I still have family in Rapids, Rudolph, and Stevens Point. I'm usually up there to visit every summer and love it! It's always so beautiful when were up there!
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Hey Ladies! How goes it? I'm so loving this web site.

Have been sticking to plan wonderfully! Hopefully it will pay off in the long run.

It is super humid here again today. Tomorrow is suppose to be the worst of the week....ugh!!

Has anyone heard from Patty?? Maybe we can get her over here too!
  • becwheels
    Options
    I almost melted away on the golf course today. It was very hot to do 18 holes. Too hot to even have a beer while I was out there. Just drank lots of water. Thank goodness there was a slight breeze at times.

Have not heard much from Patty. She gets too busy with all the grandkids in the summer. But I will shoot her an email. This site is much easier and quicker then SP. Good find Cindy!

Heading up to Cocktails for dinner tonight. Danielle is working and we are taking my mom and step dad there for his b-day. Not sure what I will eat. If the grill is on (sometimes they turn it off it is so hot out) I will do a grilled chicken sammy and side salad. If not, I am sure we will do pizza. But they are homemade and Danielle makes my side very healthy!
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Just got home from work.

Been craving Tuna Casserole and I found a couple on the WW site. As of right now, you can't search other peoples recipes on here. That is one downfall I've found but I read on their FB page that they are working on this.

Going to get it in the oven and then get in my Turbo Jam work out!

Question: Do you ladies want to keep going on this thread or start a new one every day?
  • tezramenne
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am also from Wisconsin and wanted to say hi!
  • becwheels
    Options
    Hi Tezra........... Welcome!

Cindy I think we could most likely keep with this thread. If it starts to grow with people and get too big, then maybe we will need to start daily so there are not too many posts to sort through. right now should we try weekly??

How was the tuna casserole? were you nuts heating up your oven?
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Hi Tezra! Where in Wisconsin are you from?

Sounds good to me Becky! We'll stick with this thread! I'm so loving this site...... Glad your here with me!

The recipe I used, you can just heat it on the stove top. Used whole grain pasta and it turned out pretty good. The pasta is a little drier than your regular stuff. Didn't have any low fat mush. soup so it made the calories a little higher. But I only ate one serving and didn't go back for more!

Hope you have a good nite...speak at ya tomorrow!
  • MrsJ2006
    Options
    Redneck, Awesome! Im about an hour from Stevens Point area. Love Stevens point, we usually do a walk wisconsin walk every year in June there.

Terza, welcome!

Cindy, yum that sounds good. I found a some what healthy tater tot casserole that I like to make in the winter months...Yum.

Yesterday was a pretty decent day food wise, I was invited to eat dinner w/ some friends before volleyball last night and decided to stick with what I made for dinner.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Fellow cheesehead here! I live in Superior. It's been so humid the last few days I can't even take the dog for a walk for fear of passing out!
  • becwheels
    Options
    good morning everyone. Bring on the heat. LOL. Heck I would prefer this over winter, right?

Peek at scale this morning was really good. Think it was all the sweating I did on the course yesterday.

Jen WTG on making a good decision with your dinner last night.

Cindy I have never been one to like tuna. Think I ate it too much when the kids were little and we had to $$.

OH GREAT....... the news said more bad news for the housing market. Yesterday I actually started working on my resume'. I have not had to do one in over 20 years so this has been interesting. But if the housing does not pick up I need to make some major decisions.

Well everyone stay on trck today and drink plenty of water.
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Yikes! This is suppose to be the worst day of the summer. My DH works outside and I worry about him. The company he works for has been providing water and Gatorade for them.

Was pretty close OP yesterday...went over my calories by 20. Sure I can sweat that off just walking outside...ugh!

Becky...sorry to hear about the housing market. What kind of job do you think your looking for?

Jen...sure that wasn't easy to make that decision and not eat dinner out! Very proud of you!

BTW~ My WI's are on Tuesdays...trying so hard to keep off the scale!

Have a great day everyone...drink lots of water!
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow Wisconsinites! Couldn't help but notice your thread, this site is great, you will really love it.
  • tezramenne
    Options
    I'm from SW Wisconsin. Grew up in Spring Green, now living just outside of Richland Center.

It is HOT, and this humidity is not a friend to my curly hair! Even my nice, cool basement has been stuffy this summer. Eek! I'm ready for fall, as short as it may be! I'm so over summer right now!

I really love this site and it has helped me tremendously. I still have issues with portion control and impulse control but it's getting better. I'm shooting for 30 minutes five days a week for exercise. I'm not a morning person but I've been getting up at 4:45 every day and getting it done. Everything seems to be going so slowly. That's what gets me down. I know in my head that 1 lb loss is great, but I'd really like to see 5 lbs!!

I'm not usually a big poster, but love reading all the tips, tricks and recipes that everyone posts. Hope to see you all around!

Take care!
  • Cindysturn
    Options
    Had the bestest lunch today. Was looking on Subway website and I noticed the veggie delight sammy. Never had it so I gave it a whirl today. SO YUMMY!

6" honey oat, pepperjack, lettuce, banana peppers, cucumber, tomatoe, onion. Squirt of lite mayo and raspberry vingagrette (sp). Very filling!
  • MrsJ2006
    Options
    Had the bestest lunch today. Was looking on Subway website and I noticed the veggie delight sammy. Never had it so I gave it a whirl today. SO YUMMY!

6" honey oat, pepperjack, lettuce, banana peppers, cucumber, tomatoe, onion. Squirt of lite mayo and raspberry vingagrette (sp). Very filling!

Cindy, I love veggie subs from Subway, but I've also really been liking the Ham 6inch. Yum. I do know that the sodium @ subway always makes my scale go up.
  • Cindysturn
    Options

Cindy, I love veggie subs from Subway, but I've also really been liking the Ham 6inch. Yum. I do know that the sodium @ subway always makes my scale go up.
    [/quote]