Almost There!

Hi all.
This may sound weird but I have lost over 150 pounds and am now asking for some outer support!
It has been a two and a half year journey and I am so proud of what I have accomplished and about 7 weeks ago I was rewarded by a partially OHIP covered panniculectomy, which is why my almost 300 day streak came to a halt. =] I feel fantastic but am now at the last 15 pounds of my journey. I started working out again last Thursday which is hurting more then I thought it would, but I am going forward anyway.

I am just asking for some support to keep my motivation going. I have done this without gastric bypass, or gimmicks and started out at 330 and now stand at 178 bouncing around to about 180 now that I am building muscle again. I want to get to 165, half my body weight gone. I eat sensibly but don't deprive myself if I need a tad of a sugar fix. =] Anyway, a little help would be great. Thanks in advance. =]

Replies

• Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Congrats to you, you've done a fantastic job! You have every right to be proud of yourself. You are truly an inspiration. I've been feeling "down" this week because I've gotten slack again on my diet, but seeing your post gave me some determination to keep trying to get it right. You are a very strong, determined woman to go on such a journey without gimmicks, I applaud you. Hope your pain goes away soon!
  • myst036
    myst036 Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks Connie.
    Do not give up. When you feel like you are going to make a mistake, think about it before you do it. Actually think about what will happen if you eat what you are craving and then how it will feel to say no and move forward to further weight loss. Once I started to lose the weight, the cravings took on new meaning, because I had two choices. I could eat it and take a step backward, or I could say no, or have a small amount of said food and move forward towards the bigger goal.
    The lifestyle I have taken on is one I will live the rest of my life, it is not just a diet. My entire view of eating has changed. I am not saying I do not indulge in a scoop of ice cream now and again, but that on the whole it does not matter to me any more. Looking in the mirror and seeing pretty much the figure I had when I was 17 is what keeps me honest. But the signs of the woman I used to be under my clothes does the same thing. I will always have extra skin on my chest, arms and legs that will remind me of where I could go if I let myself forget all that I have accomplished.
    So what I am saying Connie is THINK !!!!! You are worth the effort. =]