New to the site....on a mission to lose!

Options
I am turning 45 years old this week and am on a mission to lose about 15-20 lbs. I hope with monitoring my calories I am able to have such great success stories like the ones I have read on the site. Congrats to all of you that have accomplished your goals and are well on your way to doing so. I hope I make some new friends along the way. Thanks for your support!

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your goals!
  • tammyhoff2004
    Options
    I have learned that this website is my saving grace. I've been counting calories for almost 50 days and have lost 24 lbs and 14 inches. I'm so excited and feel so much better. Jillian Michaels says that to succeed in your weight loss for a lifetime you must count calories and exercise at least 30 mins a day. It's very doable and this website has made it so easy. I haven't deprived myself of anything. If I want something then I make room for it in my calories that day. It just depends on how bad I want it. Good luck and God bless you on your weight loss journey!!
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Happy Birthday!
    I am new to this site too.
    I have been reading a lot of the members stories and am gaining lots of inspiration.
    Good luck on you weight loss journey
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello, Happy Birthday and Welcome! Good luck on your journey
  • joycewatt64
    Options
    :happy: You can do it---just have to be diligent in tracking your calories and doing your exercises!
    I am 64 years young! My husband and I have had six children; and I did not lose the "pregnancy gain" that I should have after each one! So....needless to say, I have ALOT to get rid of! But, it IS coming off--and I am very, very thankful. I have been following the mediterrainen (spelled wrong!) diet and making sure I am consistently exercising. IT'S WORKING! I have lost 28 lbs. in the last 8 weeks! I am already feeling much better!:wink:
  • meganrae1988
    Options
    Just curious, what motivates you to exercise?
  • brzbaker
    Options
    What motivates me to exercise is mainly I want to have more energy and if I shed a few pounds maybe I will feel better too. My son was born in 1995 and I have really never lost the weight I gained with him and in 2001 I went through early natural menopause. I just know that my sizes have increased and I just want to stay on top of that. I also work at a sit-down job that doesn't let me get a lot of exercise in during the day, so maybe with increased energy I will be able to take that home and have a great walk in the evening.