Looking to add ppl with 1200 cals per day. Need food ideas.

Options
Hi,
If you're at 1200 calories per day and are willing to share your Diary (as am I), please add me! I'm always interested in seeing what other people are eating for ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• bhisken
    bhisken Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I am on 1200 you are welcome to add me :smile:
  • Niques86
    Niques86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    me too. tho i've been told maybe I should eat more.... add me
  • mariabraceyrobinson
    Options
    i sent you a friend request. I have recipes on allthecooks.com if you want to check those out. my id id riah929 on there. :tongue:
  • CarlaYvonne
    CarlaYvonne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request - I am on a 1200 calorie day as well!! Any one else can add me as well!
  • RaeFlemett
    RaeFlemett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I log daily and have a pretty routine diet, but I share and am always looking for food ideas as well!
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I will make my diary public again.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    me too. tho i've been told maybe I should eat more.... add me

1200kcals? MFP sets that number for you so you should be eating back those exercise calories. DONT EAT ONLY 1200kcals. It's just dumb and will result in hunger pangs
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I dont see any problems with eating 1200 calories per day. Make sure you are hitting your protien goals, and getting enough of the stuff you need from the foods you choose. The starvation mode myth is just that, a myth... I did 1200 per day for 11 months, lost almost 100 pounds, and never experienced this end of the world your going to die starvation mode theory... When done right, 1200 calories can be very beneficial for weight loss and still provide a healthy diet. Ofcourse it is not something I would reccomend long term or for a lifetime... but who eats at a deficit for a lifetime... at some point, regardless of the number your eating, eventually when you hit goal, you move to maintenance... You will get those who say, its not sustainable, can you eat 1200 calories for the rest of your life??? My answer to that is, ofcourse not, why would I eat at ANY DEFICIT for the rest of my life. I eat a staggered amount of calories now on maintenance, and i am still losing. I eat about 3500 per day on the weekends, and lower during the week, between 1300-1500... This is a weekly average of about 2000 calories per day, and guess what, my metabolism never took that *kitten* that the myth tries to lead you to believe. If you choose that 1200 is right for you and workd best, go with it, and make it yours! Good luck, results are definaely do-able!
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I dont see any problems with eating 1200 calories per day. Make sure you are hitting your protien goals, and getting enough of the stuff you need from the foods you choose. The starvation mode myth is just that, a myth... I did 1200 per day for 11 months, lost almost 100 pounds, and never experienced this end of the world your going to die starvation mode theory... When done right, 1200 calories can be very beneficial for weight loss and still provide a healthy diet. Ofcourse it is not something I would reccomend long term or for a lifetime... but who eats at a deficit for a lifetime... at some point, regardless of the number your eating, eventually when you hit goal, you move to maintenance... You will get those who say, its not sustainable, can you eat 1200 calories for the rest of your life??? My answer to that is, ofcourse not, why would I eat at ANY DEFICIT for the rest of my life. I eat a staggered amount of calories now on maintenance, and i am still losing. I eat about 3500 per day on the weekends, and lower during the week, between 1300-1500... This is a weekly average of about 2000 calories per day, and guess what, my metabolism never took that *kitten* that the myth tries to lead you to believe. If you choose that 1200 is right for you and workd best, go with it, and make it yours! Good luck, results are definaely do-able!

Your argument is mute at "I eat about 3500 per day on the weekends, and lower during the week, between 1300-1500... " most girls stay at 1200-1300 every day. That is the problem. You have a refeed day once a week and that's normal. BUT, for the sake of those just starting out, they don't know this. It's easier to eat the same everyday rather than binge on a single because most people don't have the mentallity to stop. But, Mcgarhaha, well done. But don't say 1200 is right for everyone because it's not. At the end of the day, it does; however, come down to avg. weekly deficit.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

Your argument is mute at "I eat about 3500 per day on the weekends, and lower during the week, between 1300-1500... " most girls stay at 1200-1300 every day. That is the problem. You have a refeed day once a week and that's normal. BUT, for the sake of those just starting out, they don't know this. It's easier to eat the same everyday rather than binge on a single because most people don't have the mentallity to stop. But, Mcgarhaha, well done. But don't say 1200 is right for everyone because it's not. At the end of the day, it does; however, come down to avg. weekly deficit.

if you re-read, i said, now at maintenance, i eat about 3500 per day on the weekends. before maintenance, i ate 1200 per day. 1200 per day is fine, if thats what works for the individual.
  • Rabiasiddiqi
    Options
    I'm short - only 5'1" which is why MFP suggests 1200 cals/day for me. I put that I want to lose up to 2 lbs per week which is probably another reason why. I used to do Weight Watchers back in the day and 1200 calories was about right for my height/weight combination.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on 1200 cals a day, my diary is open to friends so feel free to add me :) it's always nice to see how other people are using their cals.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    op, my 15 year old daughter is only 5 foot tall. she eats at 1200 per day in order to lose. she has about 25 pounds to lose, and then she will be able to transition to maintenance which for her would be around 1500-1700 depending on her activity which right now is very sedentary since she broke a rule and im homeschooling her. i am just under 5 foot 10, and at 1200, i was not tired, not drained, and not starved. if thats what you find works for you, and your hitting all your required nutrients and minerals, then go with it! at the end of the day, your the one walking in your shoes, not us. just in one meal, at 350 calories, i can get in almost 50g of protein, and get super full! its just about making good choices on how to spend your calories!
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Hmm, I assume you are Indian, and I'm going to guess you will do some more accurate logging of Indian dishes, so when I go pork out at the Indian buffets I love here I can use your calorie/nutrient numbers? :D Add me if you dont mind, I eat 1200 calories/day...times 2 to 3 though ;)
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm not set at 1200, I'm set at 1500, but I usually eat *around* 1200 so anyone who wants to, feel free to add me. :)
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I am also at 1200 calories, though I do usually give myself one cheat day a week...but I am trying to get to the point where I don't do that anymore either. Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with eating 1200 cals. I am also very short and have a lot to lose so I am not in any way starving and then I started eating 1200 cals a day and cut my carbs down, I actually have more energy now. Especially mid-day when most people crash. I saw your other post and I don't know how to cook Indian food, but you are more than welcome to add me anyway (And that goes out to anyone who wants to add me). Good luck to everyone :)
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options
    Hmm, I assume you are Indian, and I'm going to guess you will do some more accurate logging of Indian dishes, so when I go pork out at the Indian buffets I love here I can use your calorie/nutrient numbers? :D Add me if you dont mind, I eat 1200 calories/day...times 2 to 3 though ;)

i have never had indian food... is it pretty good? is it similar to chineese food, because i do not like chineese food... unless im constipated, then ill eat chineese food :)
  • pineapple_jojo
    Options

i have never had indian food... is it pretty good? is it similar to chineese food, because i do not like chineese food... unless im constipated, then ill eat chineese food :)

?? What on earth are you talking about??
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Options

?? What on earth are you talking about??

lol... indian food! she was talking about indian buffet...so i asked... is it good???
  • pineapple_jojo
    Options
    Oh. Indian food is lovely, but then again so is chinese food!