Five Ingredients or less

Options
2»

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    got this recipe of The Chew and it is my new favorite.

Hazelnut crusted Cod.
    I had a small piece of cod - about 1/3 lb. so adjust accordingly
    Take handful of hazelnuts, roast in oven about 3 minutes, then rub between towels to remove skin, pulse in food processor until coarsely ground. Add to a handful of seasoned panko bread crumbs.
    Create your dipping station w/seasoned flour and beaten egg (if vegan use almond milk), Pat the fish dry. You can cook whole or cut into serving pieces. Coat the fish then let sit for 5 min. for coating to set.
    Heat shallow amount of veg oil to fry the fish - not too hot as you don't want to scortch the nuts.
    Shallow fry about 2 minutes each side depending on thickness of your fish.

Seriously, outrageously delish. The Chew actually used veal, but I don't eat veal, but I can see this also with pounded chicken breast or thigh.

Served w/salad of thinly sliced apples, wafter thin fennel and purple onion, dressed w/lemon viniagrette and 2 TBSPS. roasted hazelnuts. WOW!! Whole dinner took about 15 min to make.

We have SO many different kinds of fish here in New Zealand... will be trying this recipe alternating different kinds of nuts and fish... yum! Thanks for posting.
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    There a bit more than 5 ingredients, but I love this recipe.

Emeril's Au Gratin Potatoes

The 2 cheese together were great, and Monterey Jack is such a good melting cheese.

RECIPE

Ingredients

* 3 tablespoons butter
    * 2 tablespoons flour
    * 2 cups whole milk
    * Salt and white pepper
    * 1 1/2 pounds new red potatoes, cooked* and sliced 1/2-inch thick
    * 3 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
    * 3 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
    Grease an 8 cup rectangular baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
    In a nonreactive saucepan, over medium heat, melt the remaining butter.
    Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook until the liquid is slightly thick and coats the back of a spoon, about 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
    Remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, toss the sliced new potatoes with salt and pepper. Fold in the cream sauce and pour into the prepared pan.
    Sprinkle the top of the potatoes with the grated cheese. Place the pan in the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes before serving.

** He good a few bad reviews with people complaining the potatoes weren't cooked. They didn't seem to notice that the recipe states "potatoes, cooked".
    * I like to stir the cheese into the milk mixture, not just put it on top

Personally, I found that cooking them whole in a pot first was a great idea! They're the baby reds, so they cooked in about 15-20 minutes (a step that could be done even a day ahead if wanted). After they cool enough to handle, it's easy to slice them.
  • iportabli
    Options
    Pancakes

1 Banana
    2 Eggs

Mix with a blender, voila, sweet, healthy dough to pourr straight into the pan and enjoy :)
    Because of the sweetness of the banana you won't even need sirup or anything, but ofc you can sprinkle some Cinnamon or Coco Powder.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes:

1/2 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup wholemeal flour
    1 egg white
    1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
    1 packet of splenda for sweetness if desired

Add all together and mix. Fry on a skillet. Should make 2 large pancakes. Serve with fat free yogurt and sugar free maple syrup. Cals about 400 with toppings, keeps you full way past lunch time.

The good thing about this batter is you can make it into great vegetable fritters too.
  • HungryAnimal
    HungryAnimal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • happy_angi09
    happy_angi09 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just tried this yesterday :)

Banana ice cream

2 frozen bananas
    teaspoon of vanilla extract
    splash of milk or silk almond milk
    walnuts (amount you are comfortable with)

Place bananas, vanilla, milk in blender and scoop into bowl. Top with walnuts.