NSV Today! Yay!

Options
chera79
chera79 Posts: 41 Member
So I've always been big but I recently got to my biggest ever and I've been really feeling the physical impact on my body. I'm 33. At 12 my parents signed me up for Tae Kwon Do. I loved it. I wasn't tracking my weight but I'm sure it went down a bit or I was at least toning up a lot. I gained strength, flexibility, endurance, and best of all, confidence. I did it for a little over 2 years and was close to a black belt. Unfortunately, the facility closed and my parents never found another place for us to train. It's been 18 years but it's always been with me and I've always wanted to go back. 3 weeks ago I finally did, along with my husband and 5 of our kids.. I have also begun doing kickboxing there 3 times a week. I've lost 4 lbs since I started and now that I have my food back on track, I know the loss will continue.

What's exciting is seeing changes in myself already. I don't feel smaller, even after my whole 26lb loss. But I feel better and that's what is important. My biggest NSV so far in this new, healthier life of mine, is that today, for the first time since starting back up, I was able to do sit ups with the class without anyone holding my feet. Yes, that little thing is what this 'novel' has been building up to. But I feel so happy I could cry. :).

I would love some motivational and supportive people to add me! Thanks for reading!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!