maintain weight, gain muscle, loose fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Star_1234
    Star_1234 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    read later
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    switch to a heavy lifting program that involves compound movements…starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources….

like others said, back off the cardio and strength train more …
    set your macros to 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fats
    increase your calories to maintenance level and see how you feel and then slowly increase to a suplus of a 100 a day …
  • DrWonga
    DrWonga Posts: 20
    Options
    If you want to gain mussels, you need to eat more calories than you burn. If you have a small surplus (250-300 kcal) you control your fat gain.

You have to increase your protein intake, and cut off some of the carbs.

-Lets do this !
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    So, i go to the gym at least 4 times a week (useually 6 times a week). I usually do 30 minutes of cardio (burning around 200-300 calories, then work on weight machines for the rest of the time. I weigh around 99 pounds, eat 1400 -1500 calories daily. Can i gain muscle, maintain weight, and loose fat? Ive read that gaining muscle requires more calories, but how do you balance adding calories to gain muscle vs. those calories adding fat?

thanks !

You might find this website useful www.fitnessfrog.com
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    So, i go to the gym at least 4 times a week (useually 6 times a week). I usually do 30 minutes of cardio (burning around 200-300 calories, then work on weight machines for the rest of the time. I weigh around 99 pounds, eat 1400 -1500 calories daily. Can i gain muscle, maintain weight, and loose fat? Ive read that gaining muscle requires more calories, but how do you balance adding calories to gain muscle vs. those calories adding fat?

thanks !

1. Get a scale and check your starting weight
    2. Get a sewing measuring tape and check your measurements
    3. Get a digital electronic caliper calculator and check your bf#
    4. Optional is to get a HRM to help measure calories burned more accurately during cardio only.

Exercise: I don't know how long you weight lift for so this puts a damper on things
    Cardio 30 min cardio is still fine. Working your type 1 muscle fibers is great over all conditioning with weight lifting unless you have a problem eating those calories back. Note: Pretty sad to see a dominant type 2 person huff and puff going up 1 flight of stairs or walking across the parking lot lol.

Diet: Find your maintenance calories and add an extra 300 cals for 2 weeks and see if you gain any weight if not then up it to 500 calories if not then continue add 100 cals until you do.etc over maintenance until you start gaining. Side note here is to eat 1 gram of to 1 lb of protein to lbm. This will help adjust your macros.

Without knowing your bf% this makes it difficult to see what bf% you think you look good at.
    1. Visual test Rule of thumb is if you can see your abs you can bulk until the last abs start to fade then cut.
    2. Caliper bf% test is to gain weight to a certain bf% depending on how much mass you wanted to add then cut to your ideal body fat % you look good at.

Start a cutting diet repeating steps 1,2,3 after you get to your ideal bf% or maybe just satisfied visually you will have seen where you have grown, your weight, and how much lbm you have added, this will help for the next run. If your satisfied with your results then simply readjust your maintenance calories and your set.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    1400-1500 cals is so low. to maintain weight and gain muscle 2000 cals and maybe a bit more like 2250 if your lifting heavy weights for a extended period of time .. you trying to build your body it will take a bit more than the little calories you eat .