picky eater

Options
2»

Replies

• tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    change what you like so you can be who you want to be.

those pickinesses are part of the person/lifestyle you want to leave behind.

I'm not the OP obviously, but I just want to throw in that that can be hard for some people.

Some picky eaters have reasons behind it. Foods I'm picky about usually make me nauseous for instance, just being around them. Of course, it depends on how they're cooked and how strong the scent is, but it's tough for some picky eaters to just stop being that way, you know?

I feel like I'm way pickier than anyone here. I pretty much eat the same things every day. Do I want to try different foods? DEFINITELY.. but every time I put something I don't like in my mouth to try, I gag to the point of throwing up. It's really involuntary. I hate myself for it. But I have nothing that can be done.
  • lgoldfarb
    lgoldfarb Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some new veggies that have the same texture as the ones you already like. You like green peppers, try red, yellow and orange. You like corn, try peas. You like green beans, try asparagus. There are a lot of veggies that I don't like, but if they are available and already cooked (like if I go to my parent's house for dinner) I will at least try a bite or 2, just to see if my tastes have changed.