I got a jolt of reality this morning

Options
I am new to this site but not to the struggle of losing weight. I was already 50lb overweight but discovered last week that I have added another 12lbs to that since January....What shocked the you know what out of me was that I was filling out my profile and decided to grab the tape measure. I hadn't measured anything in about a year.....WOW my waist measurement went up 8". Really upset with myself but at least I know and know what has to be done....could use all the support I can get right now...Terri

Replies

• moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    best of luck to you and welcome to the site
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    this is a great site. alot of information, motivation and encouragement. You can do this , it is easier to break it down into smaller goals and focus on that. Looking at the total picture can seem overwhelming,. For now I am just concentrating on the first 20lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Levahna
    Levahna Posts: 132
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is a lot of support on this site. . . it's why I love it so much!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    On a positive note, you are on the right track now because this is a great site to find motivation and support. Welcome!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that jolt of reality is what you need to get yourself motivated -- and this is the place to be to keep motivated!

Welcome!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome! Reality really slaps you in the face sometimes. So happy you found your way here. Very supportive, lots of advice, and great people. heck...this site even made the Today show with a wonderful success story. So, good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Welcome & well done to taking the first step to a successful weight loss & healthy living.Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • got2_run
    got2_run Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We all need a reality check from time to time. :smile: Congratulations on making the decision to stop, take a look, and deciding to make a change. I think that's one of the hardest things to do. Best wishes as you become a healther you.
  • ANGIE_IN_CALIFORNIA
    Options
    I know what you mean I had the same wake up call in December..we are here for you just don't stop doing your daily input on your calories intake. welcome to the site.
  • jlout
    jlout Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel................just pick yourself up and you will achieve your goal. I am struggling everyday which I never did until I hit 50. It's been so hard..........good luck with your journey and remember beauty actually comes from within even though society forgets that....................feel free to add me as a friend.