Whitefield, Manhester UK

Options
Hello,

This worked a charm a year ago and I lost over a stone. Then life for me got very complicated. I am on the path of recovery and realised I need to stop and look after myself, and let work and my family look after themselves!

I think part of my recovery needs to include my health, starting with shedding the 3 stones I gained since I got married, and exercising regularly. So I joined Total Fitness around the corner, and here I am back on myfitnesspal.

I have invited all my female relatives to join this website to give me support, but nobody has taken me up on it. It would be great to have a diet buddy, somebody to harass me into going to the gym when I feel work or fixing tea for my husband is more important, or an excuse not to go! Somebody to encourage me to stick to my resolved.

I am an APAT American living in Manchester, (away from all her friends and family), working in a stressful job which means long hours and combined with work-a-holic tendencies, and a habit of worrying about everything - it so easy for me to get distracted.

I think the physical health will improve the mental exhaustion, and help me find a healthy way to manage stress. So a few new friends, my age and maybe who can identify?

45 years old
No Children at home (Child in University in the States)
Work fulltime (plus)
Married
Manchester area

Replies

• steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, but I'm not American or a lady. I am on the path to lose a couple of stone though so can identify with that bit. I am also easily distracted - I'm great at starting things, not so great and sticking with it, but I'm on my 8th week of logging via MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Thanks Steve, I blame my addiction to work. So I have joined the gym and starting to take serious steps to reduce stress
  • JanineMcCann77
    Options
    Hi My name is Janine I live in Ashston under Lyne, I am 36 years old, married, full time job. I am married and have two dogs. I am pretty good at going to the gym as I love it. Its food I am bad with !! Any tips or advise greatly apprecaited. Feel free to add me
    Janine
    x:smile:
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back. I am from just outside Manchester.I managed to lose three stone, put a bit back on but trying to get rid of it again. I don't go to the gym but I do strength training several times a week at home, walk when I can and run.

Feel free to add me:)