Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

Options
The dreaded workout -- an exercise of pain and forboding. That's what it used to be for me. It was always something that I *had* to do, never something I *wanted* to do. And quite frankly, I never understood those folks who looked forward to their workout, or complained when they missed one.

In an earlier post, I wrote that I was going to try a whole different approach to food and exercise this year. Instead of a diet, I was going to try to eat better, be more active. For exercise, I was going to take it slow, add more activity throughout the day generally, add in some sort of workout consistently, and listen to my body and add more of whatever I was doing at the time as my body acclimated to the effort. Last night, it hit me -- I am an exercise success story.

Why?

Was it because I have taken 3 minutes off my mile pace?
Was it because I have lost almost 23 pounds?
Was it because I have gotten rid of 10.5 inches?

Nope.

It is because I was annoyed that my crazy work schedule this week has prevented me from lifting weights (my newest addition to my fitness routine) for two nights in a row and prevented me from getting my 10,000 step counts. What? I am ticked off that I can't exercise????? How did that happen???? I don't care; I like it!

I am also proud to say that even though my planned fitness activity was waylaid -- and I was exhausted -- I did get in a walk and a 20 minute Zumba workout with my daughter. Granted she is 5 so the exertion level was a little lower than I would normally do, but it was movement and it was fun time with my kiddo.

Here's to getting healthy one step at a time.

Replies

• leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling! And you're exactly right - I was the same way in regards to DREADING exercise.

They say bad things come in threes, I had problems with me knees, threw my back out, and got a cold...all within a month. And all this just after getting into a workout routine that I loved. I dreaded going to Ladies Strength Training class, and when I couldn't do all the things that they wanted (because of my knees), I was super mad and realized that I missed the dreaded LEG DAY! After a few weeks of physio, I was able to do LEG DAY on Monday of this week, and oh the soreness - but this time in my quads instead of my knees. Hurts so good.

Thanks so much for bringing this up - I can't wait for the next workout now! And cheers to you for being an exercise success story. You're that strong lady that we used to get annoyed at for being so healthy and fit and loving every minute of it! I LOVE IT! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!