Diet Recommendation

Options
Hi guys, Im currently 5'5 and weigh 60kgs. I have a kinda big belly and want to burn it up.MFP says i should eat 1200 cals, 160g carb,35g proteins and 40g fat. But ive done some research and heard these diets dont work and im better off with keto or Paleo,but i dont think ill be able to manage them.

And another thing.When i enter the foods i eat my fat always goes to like -30 and the carbs and proteins are adequate.Any tips on how i could reduce this extra fat ? And will it ruin my diet and make my weight lose slower/stall ?

Its my first time dieting :p
Thx in advance

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    As an 18 year old male, you should be eating more than 1200 cals. A lot more. Did you enter you'd like to lose 2lbs a week when you set up your MFP profile? It's a surefire way to get that 1200 cal goal. :noway:

Sounds like you don't necessarily need to lose weight, but you want to lose fat, or lower your body fat percentage. A small calorie deficit is the best way to do this. Are you exercising, and if so, what do you do?

I'd go back into your profile and change the goal to .5lb a week. This will give you a higher calorie goal, as well as higher macro (carbs/fat/protein) goals. If you exercise, log it and eat back those exercise calories so that your daily NET cals are at or close to goal. Don't worry about this undoing any progress - your daily goal already has a deficit built in, so even if you didn't exercise and still ate to goal every day, you'd lose weight. Exercising leaves you with too large a deficit, which is why the cals are added back into your goal.

If you have access to weights or a gym, I recommend hitting the weights.