What do you eat to gain weight healthily?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have been attempting slow, lean gains approach for a year now, and I have gained only about 4-5 pounds of muscle while maintaining the same body fat. Just be patient.

I would reevaluate my diet if after a year I only gained 4-5 lbs in a year considering the average person can increase their lbm by .3-.5 lbs per WEEK. Again this is the AVERAGE. Personally I'd rather gain as much as I can in a 6 month period. Yea you're going to put on fat so what? If you know how to get rid of it then it's not a big deal. Personally I love cutting and can't wait to cut this spring and see what I've packed on underneath all this flab

He is recomping, not bulking. The gains are slower.

Also, the average person cannot gain that much outside the first year of lifting and with pretty good conditions.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    1) Eat above TDEE consistently (say TDEE + 10-15%)

2) Get enough protein

3) Get on a non-retarded progressive strength routine (could be barbell, bodyweight or kettlebell based)

4) Time + Patience

That's it really.
  • fashionosack
    Options
    Hello, 1. Balanced diet can use butter or other edible oil, jam, sugar, high-fat, high-carbohydrate foods to increase the heat, although more rapid weight gain, but the long-term or excessive consumption, will destroy the appetite, and may bring chronic diseases threaten health. adopt a balanced diet and gradual increase in food intake, avoid compulsory supply, destruction of appetite 2. develop good eating habits regular meals, smaller meals, eat slowly 3. changing eating procedures eat high concentrations, nutrient-dense foods, eat other foods. 4 Select appropriate food choices by moderate cooking cooking food, such as: steamed, braised, stewed, fried, boiled, etc., avoid fried, fried, grilled food as a result of hard, not easy to digest. 5. maintain a good mood.