Insanity Month two

Options
Hi There

I have finished my last core cardio & balance workout today and after a rest day tomorrow(Fri) I will be starting month two...Eeek!
I am really nervous. My endurance is much better as this time 5 weeks ago I could not even JOG at 4mph on a treadmill for more than a minute without having to hit stop. Now I can do 10 minutes at 5mph quite easily!

Anyway I am very nervous as i have really struggled keeping up with month 1 of insanity (especially level 1 and 2 drills and other exercises forming the resistance part of the workout!) - Is anyone else at early stages or approaching Month two?

Would be good to get a little community together via this thread to support one another!

Also if anyone has completed insanity month two recently, (who like me wasn't already in shape beforehand) would be really really keen to hear your advice/thoughts etc.

Thanks in advance guys x

Replies

• ilessa
    ilessa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Month 2 for me starts on Monday and I'm not going to lie, I'm terrified!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I completed it in early summer, be prepared to eat more because you will need it. The 2nd month will kick your @ss!! :) Have fun!

In case you're curious about my results from it - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1013447-insanity-results?hl=rosetears143&page=1#posts-15526221
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's hard. Think about how you felt the first few days, and multiply the exhaustion level by ten. Also there's a lot more push ups, and I can't keep up with all of them even in the end of week 3. Just do as much as you can. Pace yourself the first few workouts so you can finish.

Good luck!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've completed the program.

Not gonna lie or sugarcoat it, Month 2 feels like you're starting ALL OVER AGAIN. It's f*cking hard.

But you're going to feel like a badass after you're done.

Take rests when you need to and make sure you fuel up! You're gonna need to be eating more to support the intense workouts.
  • OleSarge59
    Options
    Month 2 of insanity is insane but don't get discourage, some of the moves are hard but the intensity is still there. Remember to do all exercises in strictest form but if you can't perform an exercise just keep moving and join in with what you can do along the course of work out...remember what you are doing is intense and not many can do these workouts....congratulations to second month,,,just enjoy it and savor the fact you started, accomplished, and will continue to do so...listen to your body as well and pace yourself remember those individuals in the videos are accomplished trainers and athletes who have been physically training to endure these workouts with ease....they did not just start this program yesterday....lol!!!