The nutrients off of a potatoe and milk diet

Options

Replies

• MrCrazyMike
    MrCrazyMike Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wait...so all you can eat is potatoes and drink milk? But why?

Who says I am even eating that only. I just find it alarming that sites just quote the straightdope blog's conclusions without factchecking.
    And we should care, why? smiley-confused005.gif

Maybe you don't care, but there is some interest for this diet one way or another, since this diet is being mentioned on the internet quoting the straightdope blog. Like if they would believe there is no interest in the diet itself, they would not even mention it because it would not create traffic in their sites.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Who says I am even eating that only. I just find it alarming that sites just quote the straightdope blog's conclusions without factchecking.

I think the nature of any blog - or for that matter - any non-scientific website, is going to be BS and more BS. Same way with these forums, facebook, magazines, etc.

I just find it alarming that the BS can spread to other web sites.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options

I think the nature of any blog - or for that matter - any non-scientific website, is going to be BS and more BS. Same way with these forums, facebook, magazines, etc.

Alarming? Not hardly. Annoying? I guess if you have been believing everything you read on the internet, you might get a bit annoyed. You know no one is forcing you to read these things, right? Try Ctrl+W when you feel your alarms going off. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Then why are you infecting MFP with BS?
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Explain
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    smileyvault-weird.gif
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    It is way more alarming that people are eating only potatoes and drinking only milk. I could care less what a website is saying or if they are a good source of information.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options
    It is way more alarming that people are eating only potatoes and drinking only milk. I could care less what a website is saying or if they are a good source of information.

okay
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Explain

You're copying a post about a BS "diet" that no one has ever heard of thereby spreading the word even further.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Maybe you don't care, but there is some interest for this diet one way or another, since this diet is being mentioned on the internet quoting the straightdope blog. Like if they would believe there is no interest in the diet itself, they would not even mention it because it would not create traffic in their sites.
    Most people with some level of intelligence would source their information from reputable websites and not from blogs.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Explain

You're copying a post about a BS "diet" that no one has ever heard of thereby spreading the word even further.

Why is the diet BS?
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Most people with some level of intelligence would source their information from reputable websites and not from blogs.

I know
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Could you quantify that? How much less could you care? With that information, I'll be able to calculate just how much you actually care about what a website is saying.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Explain

Why is the diet BS?

Why is eating a diet consisting entirely of potato and milk BS? Is that your question?
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

Explain

Why is the diet BS?

Why is eating a diet consisting entirely of potato and milk BS? Is that your question?

Yes, the irish did the diet. Heck, many of them died and others traveled to north america after the potato famine since they relied so much on potatoes to begin with. This was like a long while ago.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

Yes, the irish did the diet. Heck, many of them died and others traveled to north america after the potato famine since they relied so much on potatoes to begin with. This was like a long while ago.

Your ignorance of Irish history is utterly despicable.
  • sluggz
    sluggz Posts: 134
    Options
    there is so much WTF in this that my brain just broke.
  • MrCrazyMike
    Options

First of all, watch the language. Now are you telling me there was no potato famine in Irland?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

"In Ireland, the Great Famine was a period of mass starvation, disease and emigration between 1845 and 1852[1] It is sometimes referred to, mostly outside Ireland, as the Irish Potato Famine because one-third of the population was then solely reliant on this cheap crop for a number of historical reasons"
  • Thomasm198
    Options

First of all, watch the language. Now are you telling me there was no potato famine in Irland?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_(Ireland)

"In Ireland, the Great Famine was a period of mass starvation, disease and emigration between 1845 and 1852[1] It is sometimes referred to, mostly outside Ireland, as the Irish Potato Famine because one-third of the population was then solely reliant on this cheap crop for a number of historical reasons"
    I didn't say that there wasn't a famine. Do some proper research on the social, political and economic history of Ireland during that time period and you will see the problem I have with your statement.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Mmm mashed potato.