Movie Stars

Options
Has anyone seen the commericals with Sara Rue (Jenny Craig) and Jennifer Hudson (Weight Watchers) on them? Can I just say they should be motivation for all of us. They were plus size women and now they are thin fit and trim! They are my motivation!

Replies

• jlizgar
    jlizgar Posts: 104
    Options
    I think I recently heard on TV that Jennifer Hudson has dropped 11 dress sizes!!!!! That is AWESOME, and she looks great now!
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just read in INSTYLE that Jennifer Hudson at her largest was a size 22 but now she is a size 6. The only thing that I feel is that they can afford that personal trainer to give them that extra push, but not all of us can afford that? How can I push myself to work out like that.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Celebrities who have lost weight (or otherwise gotten in shape) are to be admired and show that it CAN be done. My concern is that people will overlook the vast resources that they have available to them that most of us do not. This can cause people to become discouraged when they don't make the type of progress as quickly as these "artificial" role models. The same can happen to those of us that are hooked on "The Biggest Loser" TV series.

Choose your role models carefully and set your goals reasonably for continued long-term success.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    I just read in INSTYLE that Jennifer Hudson at her largest was a size 22 but now she is a size 6. The only thing that I feel is that they can afford that personal trainer to give them that extra push, but not all of us can afford that? How can I push myself to work out like that.

Find a workout buddy or someone on this site that you can friend and be responsible to report your progress to. If you have to tell others of your successes (and failures) you are more likely to work harder.
  • onmyway1101
    Options

Find a workout buddy or someone on this site that you can friend and be responsible to report your progress to. If you have to tell others of your successes (and failures) you are more likely to work harder.

Thank you so much for the advice!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    yeah having no job, endless time to workout, personal trainers and a personal chef might make it easier to lose weight :laugh:
  • onmyway1101
    Options
    JRICH1- I agree lol
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    yes i agree I am more impressed with the real people on here that I see who have kids, jobs, problems etc and still work through them and get to the gym or prepare a meal that is good for them. I also am not interested in any of those programs that are pre packaged food because when it is over then what have you learned really.