New here with ???

So I've just came across this site and have a few questions.
Other than logging food/exercise what are the friend features? Is it more to view others diets or just to pass notes of encouragement or even a for accountability?
I have just had my third child 8 weeks, and am wanting to drop the baby weight. But with being tired and busy, I find I'm eating crap and just not getting back into shape.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    So I've just came across this site and have a few questions.
    Other than logging food/exercise what are the friend features? Is it more to view others diets or just to pass notes of encouragement or even a for accountability?
    I have just had my third child 8 weeks, and am wanting to drop the baby weight. But with being tired and busy, I find I'm eating crap and just not getting back into shape.

What are the friend features?
    1 To view others diets....those who have open diaries
    2. To pass notes of encouragement....to "friends" on your list
    3. Accountability ....in the form of groups & challenges. Also, post your weight loss ticker.

Welcome, this is a great place to be. Start logging all your food ....even "crap." Logging makes you accountable. You will see the difference (calories & nutrion wise) of crap vs . better choices. As time goes by, continue to make better & better choices....then you're on your way.
  • demossarah
    demossarah Posts: 6 Member
    I don't mean to hijack your thread but I had a newbie question too... how do I get that little weight loss picture on the bottom of my threads? I see it on my own page but it's not there when I post.
  • annsmall1984
    annsmall1984 Posts: 10 Member
    TeaBea thx for the help! Yes I'm really noticing all the crap I put in my mouth. After only a few days of tracking.
  • Go4it1985
    Go4it1985 Posts: 169 Member
    TeaBea thx for the help! Yes I'm really noticing all the crap I put in my mouth. After only a few days of tracking.

Me too when I began. I was Really shocked at how many calories I was in-taking. Empty beverage calories, snacks.

Same when I recently saw the kj intake next to the meal signs at a food outlet recently. They were quoting over 4000kgs (1000 calories) which is more than 1/2 a day's caloric intake (if you're trying to lose weight and not a male).
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Congrats on the new baby!!! Its a wonderful time but a hard time too.
    Try to have good food available so when you're starving and finally able to grab something you can grab something good.
    Cut up some fruits and veggies so they are ready when you are, and can be grabbed if you're pacing with a crying baby.

Enjoy they grow so quick.