Side Dishes!

Raina0512
Raina0512 Posts: 216
edited September 21 in Recipes
I need some new ideas for side dishes with dinner! I'm always cooking green beans or corn and that's it! They're kid friendly but I'm pretty darn bored with those! Anyone have any good ideas or recommendations!?

Anything and Everything will be appreciated! :wink:

Replies

• Gidget86
    Gidget86 Posts: 45
    I made a quick salad at lunchtime.
    leftover green beans, tomato, cucumber, 2 tbls of black beans, 2 tbls italian dressing.
    Huge bowl of salad and yummy

I also like baked sweet potatoes...I sprinkle cajun spices on top, my daughter loves them with cinamin sugar sprinkled on top.
  • kenz612
    kenz612 Posts: 59
    i sometimes eat speckeled butter beans, english peas, butterpeas, or maybe rice as long as you have it in moderation like say a 1/2 a cup
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    My son Looooves carrots and broccoli !!! Petite pois and baby corn too!!
    He has new potatoes as they are pretty healthy boiled, and he loves rice too :o)
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    I need some new ideas for side dishes with dinner! I'm always cooking green beans or corn and that's it! They're kid friendly but I'm pretty darn bored with those! Anyone have any good ideas or recommendations!?

Anything and Everything will be appreciated! :wink:
    Another MFP member just posted www.eatingwell.com, the front page has "Simple Ways to Cook 20 Vegetables".
  • Just about any veggie that tastes good raw (as opposed to zucchini that's better a little cooked) is great shredded with a bit of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, and various herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme etc). Let them marinate for a bit to absorb the flavors.

You're basically making a non-cooked version of a veggie chutney. It goes awesome as a dressing on salad greens or on other whole veggies (like cauliflower florets for example).
This discussion has been closed.