Geez, people can be so mean

Options

Replies

• skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Everybody is mean on the internet, they're all trying to be internet cool.

Only about 1% of them will ever be mean to your face though...

Ewwwwww...I'm in the 99th percentile....Take that standardized testing

occupy the interwebz!
  • babyluu80
    babyluu80 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I totally agree that people should give some serious thought to how their kid's name will affect their futures and the crazy names like Apple, Moonbeam, Pilot Inspektor, Abcde, L-sha (pronounced La'daysha), etc. are just ridiculous but I'm not going to sit here and say that they should be punched or shot.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    ejsls7.jpg
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It's Yahoo... does anyone expect anything less these days?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Laqueefa is a stupid *kitten* name. The end :sick:

tumblr_lwl6ffEqBm1qduy64.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    People who are named after cars...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Laqueefa is a stupid *kitten* name. The end :sick:

I see your Laqueefa and raise you a Le-a (ask me how to pronounce it if you don't already know).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    She'll make you take her to the club, but then she leaves with her friends
    She likes to stay late at the party, 'cause the fun never ends
    And all her clothes are on the floor and all your records are scratched
    She's like a one-way ticket 'cause you can't come back!

Saying yeah... you want her, but she's so mean
    (You’ll never let her go. Why don’t you let her go?)
    Yeah... you want her, but she's so mean
    (You’ll never let her go. Why don’t you let her go?)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

IT'S A GREAT ICE-BREAKER.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I was just reading an article about popular names and the comments are just full of hate. While I agree that some of the names sound kind of dumb or not something I would name my kids, I wouldn't go so far as say that the parents should be punched or make judgements on the parents lifestyle/education/etc. based on what they choose to name their kid. If you don't like it fine but there's no need to bash on the people because of what they named their kid or just assume that if a kid is named a certain name that they would grow up to be pretentious, cocky, or a douche bag. A name is just that, it's how they're raised that will turn them into the people they are as adults. Just my thoughts. :-D
    Anyone who names a child Abcde should immediately have that child removed from his or her custody.

I mean, some names just scream, "BAD PARENT!!!"

Yeah...I think if it's a reasonable name, just odd, that's one thing. But when you name your kid something ridiculous like , well, Abcde, to me it shows a lack of common sense, and worse, a lack of care of what trouble something like that could cause your child.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

IT'S A GREAT ICE-BREAKER.

What is? "Want to take me for a spin?" :laugh:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the pronunciation of " La-a"? I just want to see if any one will get this right... This is a name of a child at my friend's school she teaches at.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My best male friend loves to troll for internet hoochies and then complain about how no women out there are "wife material." His last two were named Ikea and Corvette. Don't get me started...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I expected this to be a butt-hurt thread about MFP, and planned to post this picture:

ajrmn8jpg.gif

But since it's not... carry on with the judging of others who judge others.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know the pronunciation of " La-a"? I just want to see if any one will get this right... This is a name of a child at my friend's school she teaches at.

Ladasha.... seriously old joke!
  • gabbygirl78
    Options
    Also i know people who named their kids Chlamydia and Malaria...true story :noway:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

La Dash A?

My husband was just featured in a story in a local newspaper today and I made the mistake of looking at the comments section. It's like swimming in a cesspool. My favorites were the ones that suggested he was a loser who just needed to get laid. I wanted to say, "I've got this! And I'll tell him he has you to thank for the nookie!" Yeah, people can be mean when hiding behind keyboards and usernames.
  • gabbygirl78
    Options

Ladasha.... seriously old joke!

i work at a school and I seriously just saw this the other day. A teacher asked me if I knew how to pronounce this. it was student in her class. I had no idea!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about names I would never name my children about a half hour ago (that is, if wanted to have kids in some alter universe.)