Parking Lot Vultures

Options
DanOhh
DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
I hope no one here is a 'Parking Lot Vulture'. PLV's are the people who hang around the front of a business and wait for people to come out so they can slip into a close spot near the entrance. I had one follow me the other day and it was nice to see them get pissed because I kept walking to the back of the lot and they had to peel back around to the front so they wouldn't lose their spot to another PLV looking for another victim. The icing on the cake was this happened at my athletic club.

Replies

• JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thats funny because now that my 10 year old knows i am working on this she insists everytime we go to the store for something that we find a parking spot far away so we have to walk.

Some days it can be fun other days UGHHHH i just want to valet park the thing if i could. lol
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    HA! That there's what you call ironic.

P.S. "I love apple pie" - Hilarious!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I laugh at myself because I will be looking for a close spot and then I will realize that I am at the gym and I'm about to go walk on a treadmill!!! DUH!!!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    LMAO! I always have that happen!!! I go to college and it is always like that there. The worst is when I sit in your car to study or eat, and they think I am leaving. I have had drivers honk at me to move when I am just in my car studying. Meh, at least it's good for a laugh.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    My new car isn't even a year old yet...no way am I parking close and risking more dents in my doors! I got a door ding the second day I had it, and I wanted to cry!

The only bad thing about parking far away is when you need to push a shopping cart through winter slush that can't quite decide if it wants to be ice or not.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I only wait for a spot if I see someone alredy pulling out. I like to take my good ole time when I see someone waiting for me to get out and I havent even gotten the groceries in the van yet. It also ticks people off because they gotta wait for me to strap both my kids in. It usually takes us a good 5-10 minutes to get in the van to pullout but if someones waiting I make sure to find a good radio station or song or maybe readjust mirrors hehe.

What bugs me even more is when someone races me for a close spot and they dont have any kids with them or any real reason to park close. I have to lugg a 36-37 lbs 3 year old on my hip while holding on to the hand of a sqiurmy 5 year and if I papers or anything else I got to manage to hold on to that as well so for someone who clearly could walk just find a few more spaces behind , to race me and take the closer spot, makes me mad. I like the spots by the cart caddy though since Im a firm believer in returning the cart and not leaving it in the parking spot.

Funny thing is I actually saw someone at walmart get out of there car and move the cart caddy over becuse it was taking up two spots close to the door, instead of just parking somewhere else lol
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I was hoping these weren't the same as lot lizzards LOL these people drive me nuts, I'll get in my car and just sit for however long it takes for them to go away......I guess I may be rude??
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I just annoyed a PLV (love the name btw) the other day at Walmart. I took my time loading my bags, took my cart back to the stall (rather than selfishly leaving it where I am) then started my car, turned on the radio and air conditioning, then backed out. That's what they get! :laugh:
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    Dan
    That is too funny...The sad thing is that it is so true..... I love watching those that get duped....Just to piss people off I'll stop and talk to someone near a car and when they get close, I'll keep walking....That makes them nuts!!!!!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    My father is one. Fat *kitten*. (Obviously I don't hold him in any high regard.) The lazy booger would circle the stupid lot waiting for someone to come out of the store. When, if he had just flippin parked in the back where the spaces were, we'd be inside shopping already.

Now I'm fat and relatively lazy, but I'm not so fat and lazy that I won't park in back. In fact, I seek out the rear spots. Better for my car's paint job and my health.

Take that dad!

PS - Really I'm not bitter, I was laughing while typing this. :)
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    Options
    That is some funny stuff, especially at the gym.

I love messing with these people - anytime someone does that to me and I happen to be close, I take my sweet time getting everything in the car, walk real slow bringing the cart back, etc. They just get so frustrated they usually leave for a new spot.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I just remembered a funny story you might enjoy. I was watching a friend of mines kid and we went to Walmart and we parked kind of far away and I told her that I don't really believe in driving around forever to get a "good spot". She promtly replied, "My mom does!"
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I like the people who will block an entire row of the parking lot for several minutes while waiting for that mom to get her 4 kids in the car to get a parking lot spot 5 spaces closer than the one next to it
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I notice these PLV mostly at the gym and think to myself... WHY :laugh: Even if the lot is empty I park all the way in the back, corner spot, under the shade :happy:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I notice these PLV mostly at the gym and think to myself... WHY :laugh: Even if the lot is empty I park all the way in the back, corner spot, under the shade :happy:

I will admit, on supreme leg work out day, leaving the gym I wish I had parked closer as I waddle or stumble across the lot.

I want trees @ my gym!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I don't speed up to help out 'PLV's, but I certainly wouldn't want to be an @sshole either and intentionally try to anger them; why spread that type of thing? If they want to park close and are willing to wait politely to do it, what's it matter?
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Maybe I am weird (or maybe it's just a Canadian thing) but I like to hustle and get out of my spot when I see someone waiting. Premium (close spots) are hard to come by and if I had young children, or had a reason to need a parking spot closer (physical injury for example) I would hope that I wouldn't have to wait for the person already occupying the parking spot to purposely try to annoy me by going slow.
  • Freckles3
    Options
    agreed... I recently injured my leg (darn running thing). and would try to grab close spots at work or the grocery store so I wouldn't have to put to much pressure on it walking any extra amount (esp. on my way out when I am carrying lots of stuff)... just remember before you try to piss off the so called PLV's some of them may have a good reason to wait for your spot...PS - I don't thinks its cool if they honk and make a fuss... and I guess if you are going to the gym you could walk the extra 100 yards... just saying... not all PLVs are bad! :wink:
  • MrsRLD
    MrsRLD Posts: 25
    Options
    Only at Christmas :blushing:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I have to clarify this BUT PLVs are perfectly healthy people w/out kids or groceries. Not anyone who is handicapped or injured. These same people go right into the gym and wait for a tread mill when the gym has a excellent indoor track.