Becoming a weight loss success story / 'expert'

Options
This is directed at all those of us who have lost significant amounts of weight, for the benefit of those who are beginning or struggling.

Since I hit about the 10 kg / 22 lb loss mark I've been asked almost every day what the secret is and how to do it. I've put several people onto MFP with varying success rates.

What do you tell people when they ask you this?

My top tips are:

- if you go over don't stress, but if you go over every day you need to ask yourself whats more important to you
- drink water. Lots of water. If you can't handle drinking water, harden up.
- excercise is incidental. 'I don't have time to excercise' is not a reason not to lose weight. It's mostly diet and willpower.
- don't be scared of food. Look at your calories as a target, not a limit, and try to hit as close to your target as you can.
- even if you only lose a kilogram a month, you'll be 12 kilos smaller by this time next year and you'll look back and smile

what else?

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise you enjoy and do it! Challenge yourself and try new things

Stop looking at food as good or bad, its just food. Fuel your body

Weight loss is not linear and the scale can suck you in - take measurements and photos for comparison as well

Pick up heavy things and put them down again
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

Weight loss is not linear and the scale can suck you in - take measurements and photos for comparison as well

This is something I wish i'd done re measurements. I did re photos and I go back to those a LOT. If you can't see too big a difference, post it to Facebook or something and soon you'll see that everyone else sees it!