When to take pictures

Options
CudyBug
CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
I can not notice any change when I look in the mirror. I think maybe I forgot what I looked like before or maybe I am just blind and still see the "fat mom". So i started taking some pictures. I figured this would be a great idea to show myself how far I have come. Even though I still feel oh so large.

Anyways I was wondering when everyone else takes thier pictures. I started after losing 20 lbs i think it was. Then again at 25 lbs. Now 5 lbs dont show a difference but it was a month inbetween pictures. So now IM down 35 and wondering when I should take pictures. Every 10 lbs or every month? I wish I would have taken a starting picture though because according to everyone Im around it has been a BIG difference. My clothes are soo big on me but I myself feel like nothing has changed but again Im still in the fat mom mind frame.

Replies

• irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well, my program has me taking a group of pictures every 30 days. It helps show how far you've come, and to keep you motivated. Plus to show off once you meet your goals.
  • Hi,
    I ponder about this as well but I am sticking to every 10 pounds as like you, what I feel and what I look like to others doesn't equate most of the time. I think our mindset about our own weight will malways be a challege as i still feel big at times but am only 70k. I had been huge for so long ( 45 years) it's going to take some time I guess to relaise I am quite small. Good luck in your weight loss endeavours - it is so worth it.
  • aehenson
    aehenson Posts: 86
    Options
    I also take one every 30 days. It really shows your progress.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I looked at other people's pictures and thought about what I wanted for myself and decided to take pictures every 10 pounds.

Which will you want to see on yourself for yourself?

It's wonderful to post pics for others to see. It's motivating and inspiring. But for now, for you, for your own goals, what do you want to track, what do you want to see, and what are the milestones for you?

If anniversaries (weekly, monthly, the Monday after your period) are your milestones, that's when to do it for you.

If certain measurements are how you're judging yourself (Size 16, 180 pounds, 36" waist), that's your basis for when to take your pics.
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    I haven't taken a picture in a couple of months. I think I will take some of your suggestions and either take one every 10 lbs or every month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!