Lost for time

Options
Getting straight to the point. I have no time to workout and eat.
This may sound ridiculous but its true.

I work from 2pm - 10pm but due to traffic I set off early so I'm working non-stop from 1:30 - 10:30. I don't get a chance to eat and I'm only allowed liquids at the desk. I eat once I come home and then go straight to bed. Its depressing looking at the scale in the morning as it shows either maintained or gained. I usually wake up late in the morning around 10-11 and I don't get a chance to workout as I prefer working out 2 hours after I've eaten.

I was thinking of eating all my calories before going to work and not worry about it later on in the day. I'm not sure what I should do. I need to lose atleast 15lbs-18lbs before the end of this year. I know I can do it if I stay focused.

Any advice?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Eat a big meal before you leave, another when you get home, and bring protein shakes (probably the already made kind) to work. Only thing I can think of. What kind of job doesn't let you eat for 8 hours though... yikes. Is it even legal?
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you're in USA/Canada I know its illegal for them to not give you a lunch break. I'd really look into the laws in your area, but I know some places don't have those sort of labor laws. I know sometimes work piles up and you don't feel like you have the time, but standing up for even three minutes and walking around every few hours will definitely clear your head, help your body, and will make you work better then if you sit the full time.

If I were you I'd ask to see if you could get quick 5 minute breaks at least. If you had then you could scarf down some quick food. You could make wraps and have them in your purse/car so that you could have a quick meal at hand.
    If you're allowed to have smoothies as a liquid you could mix them up and have them ready. Even if not you can sneak whey powder into tea/coffee to keep you full during the day.

I'd recommend getting a big breakfast too. Maybe something like cottage cheese protein pancakes, egg cups, etc that you could make ahead of time. Have non-perishable food stashed in your bag/car so that you can eat as soon as you get off work, then you can workout at night if it won't make you too hyper to sleep, I'm guessing you don't sleep for the 12 full hours between when you get home and when you have work so you definitely have time. If you can munch at work in little breaks you'd be ready to workout as soon as you got home. You could also workout on your days off if you have any.

I'm not advocating a low carb diet. I just find its easy to think of quick carb foods and harder to come up with protein/fat ones. Protein and fat will definitely keep you fuller longer between meals.