Oh oh..a newbie..

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my introduction post.

My name is Rena and I'm 27 years old. I have been overweight since puberty hitted me and gave me hips (just evil I tell you). I have been yo-yo dieting since I was 18 and it has gotten me nowhere. In the past two years I have gained over 50 pounds due to not being able to work and being an emotional eater.

My addiction is food..especially sugary food. I can drink about a liter of Pepsi and not even realize it. I know it's killing me but somehow this addiction of sugar seems to overpower me.

I'm tired of food replacing my emotions and I want to take my life back and finally be healthy.

I hope to make some friends here who understand what it's like to lose a huge amount of weight and to have the support I need.

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck, lots of support here, add me if you want.
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Welcome. There are tons of people who are in the struggle to get back their health right along side you. This is a great resource because it opens your eyes to what you are putting in your body. Feel free to add me if your want. You already crossed one of the biggest hurdles. Deciding it is time for a change. Now you need to get a plan and set goals..not 2 year down the road goals, but more like today goals. 1 Day at a time. Once you see what your body can do, then start setting out the longer term goals and make a road map to get there.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this, Rena. It does take emotional work as well as physical, but it is possible.

I have also struggled with sugar addiction. I found that I needed to completely give it up (for just a short time--a couple of weeks) so that food that is naturally sweet, like fruit, tasted sweet. I was eating so much sugar that a nice ripe piece of fruit just tasted blah. I about went crazy for those couple of weeks, but after that fruit tasted SO good, that I didn't even want the sugar anymore. I do allow myself SOME artificial sweeteners now that I've gotten the sugar out of my system, but so much less even of that than I used to eat/drink.
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Rena...I have added you as a friend. I also struggle with emotional eating so I know how hard it can be. I seem to lose weight but then it finds me once again! Good luck with your journey and hopefully we can help each other along the way.