Going to bed hungry?

Options
A fitness instructor friend of mine told me the best way to lose weight is to go to bed hungry. I've never done this but I wondered what your thought are on it?

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    NO ...
  • ImRemko
    ImRemko Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if it was a response to: "I really get hungry right before bedtime and I like to eat 500kcal worth of food before I take a nap".
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I literally go to bed with a 500 calories snack and have done this from day 1 of my weight loss journey and have lost a few hundred pounds in the process so I think this fitness instructor better stick to fitness and not nutrition because meal frequency has No Bearing whatsoever on weight loss.... Best of Luck
  • SurfyFriend
    SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Its worked for me. But as if anyone would actually recommend it! Especially a personal trainer!
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wrong. The best way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you consume. It's that simple.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    A fitness instructor friend of mine told me the best way to lose weight is to go to bed hungry. I've never done this but I wondered what your thought are on it?

my thoughts are that I would never take advice from that instructor.

That's utter nonsense.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Pffft I can't sleep if I'm hungry. Even if I'm totally and utterly exhausted I'll sleep for a couple of hours and wake up ravenous.

I would rather go hungry all day and get a filling meal before bed if I had to choose.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    can't sleep if i'm hungry
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    can't sleep if i'm hungry

Nope, me either.
  • Kathryn41057
    Kathryn41057 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry before I go to bed, I will have something small., piece of cheese, or 1/2 of a banana. I don't like to hear my belly growl.. Kat :)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I cannot go to bed hungry ever.
  • aharmo02
    Options
    My blood sugar does crazy things if I go to bed hungry. I eat a small snack with a serving of carbs and protein. Plus i can't sleep if I am hungry and feel like I eat more the next day.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hell no
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep when I am hungry.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Hell no
    in the middle of December at twenty below...
  • Tamara_Sh
    Options
    Hi,

I just signed onto "myfitnesspal" I need to at least lose 20 pounds by December 2 for some surgery. I started my loss Oct 16 and to date have lost 8 pounds. Yes, on going to bed hungry it does definitely make you lose weight. However, since I started this loss I am eating very small amounts of food and I am hungry most of the time but to get the weight loss its worth it for me.

Tamara
  • californiabella
    Options
    sounds tortures :|
  • BethAnnC448
    BethAnnC448 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could go to bed hungry...I would eat the kitchen sink in the morning, if I made it till morning.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry just before bed, sleepiness usually takes over. In the rare cases when I am super-hungry at bedtime, I have a hot tea. If, after the tea, I'm still hungry, I have a yoghurt or a Babybel lite cheese round (something with calcium) and that generally does the job.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just signed onto "myfitnesspal" I need to at least lose 20 pounds by December 2 for some surgery. I started my loss Oct 16 and to date have lost 8 pounds. Yes, on going to bed hungry it does definitely make you lose weight. However, since I started this loss I am eating very small amounts of food and I am hungry most of the time but to get the weight loss its worth it for me.

Tamara

I've lost 22 pounds and never go to bed hungry.

Just a thought.