Feeling discouraged

Options
Hi all, I am new to this MFP and the concept of watching what I eat and trying to exercise more. I am nearing 40yrs old and trying to lose the spare tire. I was doing well for the first three weeks, but I had a few things happen... one is I went away for the weekend and ate and drank like crazy, and I also have pain in my knee that won't go away. I was an athlete for the first 23 years of my life and then stopped exercising/activities for the last 20yrs. I have maintained my BMI, but like I said I'm getting a pouch on my tummy that I don't like, plus I just want to be healthier and have more energy. I have never had a knee injury and now that I'm trying to exercise every day at least 10 mins it is hard because I don't know what to do. Also I am hungry!! and I'm trying to stay within my daily goal and since I can't exercise I really need to limit what I'm eating. Does anyone have advice? Can anyone relate to this? I feel like I lost my momentum. :ohwell:

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Is your deficit too large? That maybe why you're hungry.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    How much vegetables & fruit are you eating? I eat like a pig, but I usually fill up on those foods that are really good for me. I find that if I'm not hungry - I don't feel deprived. Veggies really fill me up and I eat quite a bit of them. Regarding exercise - just try to move around - don't overdo it, but just move. If you can handle a walk go with that. Good luck. You can do this. :smile:
  • jerney623
    jerney623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How much vegetables & fruit are you eating? I eat like a pig, but I usually fill up on those foods that are really good for me. I find that if I'm not hungry - I don't feel deprived. Veggies really fill me up and I eat quite a bit of them. Regarding exercise - just try to move around - don't overdo it, but just move. If you can handle a walk go with that. Good luck. You can do this. :smile:

Good advice thanks!! I haven't traditionally eaten alot of veggies, but trying to increase.
  • jerney623
    jerney623 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Is your deficit too large? That maybe why you're hungry.

Not sure if my deficit is too large, I am down to 1470 and was doing fine with that until I couldn't exercise as much, now I don't get the calorie credits like I did the last few weeks.