always going over my calories :(

Options
2»

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a few more calories to play with. An extra 150 would give you a bit more wiggle room.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have 10 lbs to lose and you're at 1200 calories a day? May I ask why?

reason being is because myfitness says i should consume only 1200 in order to loose 1 pound a week. plus i don't like to exercise much, which may be the main reason

I would set my goal to lose no more than 1/2 lb. a week and figure your tdee and really consider getting in some exercise, especially lifting weights..... Best of Luck

Listen to him. He has lost 312lbs. He really knows what he's talking about.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    Eat more :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    im feeling discouraged because i am supposed to consume 1200 calories to achieve my weight loss goal but i always go over my 600-700 more :( how can i make this habit stop!! i cant eat less because i am always hungry :frown:
    Set a higher goal that doesn't leave you starving. You only have 10 pounds to go. Your body fat can only supply so much energy per day. Setting your deficit higher than that is not going to cause you to lose fat more quickly.

Also find which foods leave you more satiated per calorie. Stuff high in protein/fiber tends to help. And make sure you don't avoid fat like many people do.
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    but if i reset my limit, wont my body be confused and add more pounds?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    but if i reset my limit, wont my body be confused and add more pounds?
    So you're never ever going to eat more than 1200 calories a day ever in the rest of your life? And feel like you're starving every moment of every day as long as you live? And this is preferable to what?
  • jbolarinho88
    Options
    thats true. thank you for that :) i needed to wake up and get realistic:drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    thats true. thank you for that :) i needed to wake up and get realistic:drinker:

hogwarts-clap.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    Awesome. Setting your goal for a 300 calorie deficit will probably fix things. It's about where you seem to want to eat anyway. :smile:
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You're young & have very little to lose. I'm 54 y.o.& I eat 1825 cal/day & still lose! Figure your TDEE & eat at TDEE-15%, until you only have 10 pounds left to lose, then recalculate to TDEE-10%. You'll have plenty of calories & be MUCH HAPPIER! Also look into resistance training/heavy lifting. That will give you the composition & look you desire much more than dieting!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Never mind...
    User now deactivated.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I guess by realistic she meant deactivating her account. :huh: