Frustration.

Options
I've been at this plateau for a while now. The final goal is 20 lbs away, and I can't get there for the life of me. :-(
I've tried EVERYTHING-- I've switched up my workout from the elliptical trainer to actually running outside to alternating everyday.

I'm doing the 100 push up challenge, the 200 sit ups challenge, and I've even started a gluten free diet! and still-- nothing.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've been the same weight for over a month, and I haven't lost any inches anywhere..

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I've been at this plateau for a while now. The final goal is 20 lbs away, and I can't get there for the life of me. :-(
    I've tried EVERYTHING-- I've switched up my workout from the elliptical trainer to actually running outside to alternating everyday.

I'm doing the 100 push up challenge, the 200 sit ups challenge, and I've even started a gluten free diet! and still-- nothing.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've been the same weight for over a month, and I haven't lost any inches anywhere..

What is your diet like? It might help to open it up for us to comment on. Assuming you're eating pretty healthy, some people find that even if they're eating well they have to tweak the ratio of carbs/fat/protein. Also, I'd recommend cutting out as much processed foods (and refined sugars) as possible, if you aren't already doing so.
  • irchrismm
    irchrismm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It could be you need to shock your system. Make sure you sleep at least 7 hours a night. maybe completely change your workout schedule. Increase your protein intake. Your body has conditioned itself to run and maintain at your current workout and diet level. It order to get thru the plateaus, you have to confuse your body, so it can't get used to what you are doing. Take a couple of days of down time. Then Start your workout with something you haven't done before..maybe swimming, or a strength training exercise you don't normally do, and re order your other workouts, and add more reps and more weight. Just a suggestion, which seems to work for a lot of people.