Horrible chills after sweaty workout

I spin about 6-7 x per week and sweat a ton in every class. About one hour after every class I get the worst chills. Literally teeth chattering chills. I have tried to observe the results of different solutions, changing clothes, hydrating more, eating a snack, etc and nothing stops it from happening. Even if I take a hot shower shortly after, I am still freezing. I googled it and I found a lot of older theories on the subject, but was wondering if anyone had any new thoughts or suggestions to add. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am worried about how I am going to handle this problem as it gets colder outside! I live in a city, so I walk home from my workouts. There are only so many layers I can carry in my gym bag!

Replies

• AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Can't say I've experienced this, although yeah, my temperature goes down after I cool off from the workout. But I never get to the point where my teeth are chattering. I live in a cold state though, so it does get cold here. If I find anything out about this, I'll be sure to post it.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    I spin about 6-7 x per week and sweat a ton in every class. About one hour after every class I get the worst chills. Literally teeth chattering chills. I have tried to observe the results of different solutions, changing clothes, hydrating more, eating a snack, etc and nothing stops it from happening. Even if I take a hot shower shortly after, I am still freezing. I googled it and I found a lot of older theories on the subject, but was wondering if anyone had any new thoughts or suggestions to add. Does anyone else have this problem?

I am worried about how I am going to handle this problem as it gets colder outside! I live in a city, so I walk home from my workouts. There are only so many layers I can carry in my gym bag!

I get like that too! Not sure why it happens, and I've tried everything you have and still can't get rid of the chills :/