Tell me about Kettle ball workouts.....

Options
What are some programs ( like DVD's). ??? TIA :smile:

Replies

• Spatrowich
    Options
    I know when I bought mine a couple years ago, it came with it's own DVD.
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    Hi Diz,
    I use KettleWorx - I bought the starter 5lb pack which had a 5lb kettle bell, 3 DVDs which contain a 6 week course of 3 20+ minute sessions a week, and also contained another 5 / 6 DVDs for after that targetting hips, arms, shoulders, legs, butt etc.
    I looked at their website and I think there's some stuff on youtube as well. I honestly believe that my altered shape has more to do with Kettleworx than my weight loss, I have some abs (who knew!) and good waist definition that have been hiding very well previously!! I'm moving on to Turbofire now for a couple of months to see if that can accelerate my body fat % downwards, but kettlebells will still be in there too.
    PM me if you want more info, happy to share it :D
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I bought Kettlenetics from QVC. Haven't done it in a while (stuck on Jillian Michaels DVDs right now), but it's fun and it makes you sweat! Good luck.
  • HotMommy0609
    Options
    Kettlenetics is great!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    just youtube it! heaps of vids there to get a basic routine.

mbodystrength does some hardcore stuff!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I go to a Power Plate gym and do 3x 20-25 min sessions with a personal trainer every week. I think the whole workout it 30 mins with the warmup and stretching.

Hey, how heavy a weight do you guys use? I was planning to get a set of weights and a DVD, but my trainer gets me to use anything from 4kg to 16kg (and I did a prisoners squat with a 20kg yesterday), so it might get a bit expensive to get the full set! I think they run to about £90 for a set of 4-6-8kg ones alone!
  • Alycyn1980
    Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I got a 2, 4, 6 & 8kg set from sporthq for £25 + p&p. They are decent enough for the price, I dont tend to stick to the same thing for very long so didn't want to splash out on individual ones just for them to sit around and gather dust.

Mite give the kettlenetics thing a try alhtough I have just purchased Goddess Workout. OK so far though could do with some background music during the sets!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Cool! So is 5lbs a good weight to start at?
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    For girls I think 4kg or 9lbs would be about minimum. I'm a guy but my first one I got was 16kg. You could probably go 8kg if you are relatively strong.

Also, you can get adjustable ones (www.kettlebells.com.au) and I'm sure other places around the world sell them. But the lightest my adjustable one goes to is 8.5kg.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    For girls I think 4kg or 9lbs would be about minimum. I'm a guy but my first one I got was 16kg. You could probably go 8kg if you are relatively strong.

Also, you can get adjustable ones (www.kettlebells.com.au) and I'm sure other places around the world sell them. But the lightest my adjustable one goes to is 8.5kg.

Ohh OK I'll take your suggestion and go with the 8Kg, and I'll see if I can find an adjustable one. My first place to look is the used sporting goods stores. :smile: Thanks!