White pizza or regular pizza?`

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just curious, which do you all prefer? Which as a rule would you say is healthier?

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Just curious, which do you all prefer? Which as a rule would you say is healthier?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    "white" usually involves alfredo sauce, which is the devils dip. :devil:

Tomato sauce is really good for you, alfredo sauce. . .not so much.
  • msarro
    Options
    This pizza skips the alfredo and just uses ricotta underneath the mozzarella. I know cheese isn't the healthiest thing, but its yummy. I'm going to be hiking the better part of the evening so I figured what the heck :)
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    "white" usually involves alfredo sauce, which is the devils dip. :devil:

Tomato sauce is really good for you, alfredo sauce. . .not so much.

"the devils dip" - :laugh:

I'll have to vote for red too. OR bbq chicken pizza if I must. :bigsmile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Pesto for the sauce, cheese, onions, chicken and fresh basil and fresh parma.
    Don't forget the garlic. Lots of garlic:love:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Pesto for the sauce, cheese, onions, chicken and fresh basil and fresh parma.
    Don't forget the garlic. Lots of garlic:love:

bravo, para entrambi i partiti partecipano!

rough translation from the Italian: yum! But make sure your date eats it, too. (garlicky!) This is what an Italian friend of mine says about garlic. :flowerforyou:
  • Kiwi511
    Kiwi511 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would say regular is healthier but olive oil & garlic brushed onto a wheat crust is a great alternative.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    BBQ Chicken Pizza is my ALL TIME FAV!! If that's not available, the regular is healthier than the white pizza.
  • curvylady
    curvylady Posts: 135
    Options
    Lebanese Bread Base (or whole wheat tortillas)
    Tomato Pizza Sauce or garlic marinated olive oil brushed over base
    Sundried Tomatoes, sliced
    Diced Onion and Capsicum (peppers)
    Artichokes, sliced
    Pesto dabbed onto the artichokes
    Just before serving crumble some feta cheese

Yum.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    By all means the regular, because most places use butter as the "white sauce". Plus the tomatoes give you lycopene!!!! Also whole wheat is the way to go and low fat cheese(you need some fat)
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Papa Murphy's has a line of lite pizzas called Pizza Delite. They have a new one that is like a mediterranean chicken pizza. I think it has a pesto or olive oil/garlic for the sauce and lots of other yummy toppings.I think the crust has 1/2 the carbs and 1/2 the calories compared to their regular ones.
    Pizza Hut has a "fit and healthy" pizza that is good too w/red sauce and veggies, less cheese.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree... "regular" pizza... try going w/ thin crust too.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Thin crust regular is probably healthier....but I love white pizza lol....

Lean Cuisines has two good ones if you like mushrooms....

I make my own sort of white sauce....I saute garlic in olive oil, add spinach, rabe or brocollitini and mushrooms....lightly saute the veggies and then spread part skim ricotta over the dough, sprinkle w/ romano....add my veggies on top and sprinkle again w/ romano...lol...(sometimes I cut up fresh mozzarella balls and put them on it too and slice fresh tomato too...

its good! I made it not too long ago w/ the whole wheat dough and it wasn't too bad!!! hubby said dont' do that again but I liked it LOL

hugs!
    Ali