Pcos and dieting.

My name is Miranda I'm 24 and have been married for 4 years. Let me give you a little background on me. I have a 5 year old daughter and my husband has a 6 year old son. When we got married I had the "mirena" (iud) after thinking long and hard we decided to have it removed. My daughter was like 1 or 2 so lets say that was 3 years ago. Since then we haven't had any bc used and have had sex without condoms as we want to get pregnant. :) All through high school my periods where never regular, one month I would have it then skip several months. And still to this day its the same way. I think last year I had maybe 4 periods the whole year. But boy when they came it would stay for 2 weeks or longer. I went to an ob and she prescribed Provera to make my period come on but after taking for so many months it should make u have it ha not me. I was also diagnosed with PCOS :( which makes it even harder to get pregnant. I'm at a lose. My friends and relatives are having babies and I want to be happpy but sometimes I'm just like this isn't fair, my daughter will be too old when and if I do get pregnant that she won't be close with her sibling and that's what I want. My husband doesn't show a lot of emotion when it comes to this. And sometimes I say u don't even care if we have a baby. Knowing that he does but it isn't such a big deal to him as it is me. I mean I want it and I want it now..... a friend brought her baby by to see me and just seeing the baby made me cry. I know my husband seen the want amdnhurtnin my eues.I'm just so upset and now all day I want to just stay in bed. Signs of depression huh? My child needs me why can't I let go of this pregnancy issue and let it happen when it happens???? So today I have decided to start a diet and I'm going to loose all this wiet in order to get this pcos under control. I can't cure it but I can make it better. I need a support group so please send me a friend request.

derrickson09

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    My name is Miranda I'm 24 and have been married for 4 years. Let me give you a little background on me. I have a 5 year old daughter and my husband has a 6 year old son. When we got married I had the "mirena" (iud) after thinking long and hard we decided to have it removed. My daughter was like 1 or 2 so lets say that was 3 years ago. Since then we haven't had any bc used and have had sex without condoms as we want to get pregnant. :) All through high school my periods where never regular, one month I would have it then skip several months. And still to this day its the same way. I think last year I had maybe 4 periods the whole year. But boy when they came it would stay for 2 weeks or longer. I went to an ob and she prescribed Provera to make my period come on but after taking for so many months it should make u have it ha not me. I was also diagnosed with PCOS :( which makes it even harder to get pregnant. I'm at a lose. My friends and relatives are having babies and I want to be happpy but sometimes I'm just like this isn't fair, my daughter will be too old when and if I do get pregnant that she won't be close with her sibling and that's what I want. My husband doesn't show a lot of emotion when it comes to this. And sometimes I say u don't even care if we have a baby. Knowing that he does but it isn't such a big deal to him as it is me. I mean I want it and I want it now..... a friend brought her baby by to see me and just seeing the baby made me cry. I know my husband seen the want amdnhurtnin my eues.I'm just so upset and now all day I want to just stay in bed. Signs of depression huh? My child needs me why can't I let go of this pregnancy issue and let it happen when it happens???? So today I have decided to start a diet and I'm going to loose all this wiet in order to get this pcos under control. I can't cure it but I can make it better. I need a support group so please send me a friend request.

derrickson09

There are some PCOS support groups here on MFP. If you search 'Groups', you'll see quite a few. Here's a couple I found

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3070-p-c-o-sis

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3300-pcos-and-low-glycemic-eating

Best wishes on your journey!