is burning 1000kcals too much

ok so i now have enough tym to workout, i use my HRM. and i burn 1000 plus a day doing about 2~3 hours of exercise a day. my question is, is it too much ? i honestly dont over eat my calories.. is it ok coz i eat wen i feel humgrt...anyone else doin dis & wat have bn ur results?
cheers

Replies

• lorkath
    lorkath Posts: 6 Member
    I wouldn't do that because it won't be sustainable and you need to eat some of those calories back so your body isn't starved.
    Your body is in an extreme calories deficit if you are only eating 1200cal so you will lose weight QUICK but that's not healthy.... Honestly it's a common practice with people who have eating disorders so I wouldn't go down that path. I wouldn't stop the exercise if that's something you can sustain and enjoy but I would eat more (unless your calorie goal is much higher than I'm thinking). Anyways, that's just my opinion :) best of luck!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    I wouldn't do it....But then again if you have nothing else to do, it is more productive than sitting on your a**.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I do it pretty much 6 days a week with a day off mixed in there but I eat 4000 calories a day (currently been in maintenance for the past year) because if I am pushing my body that hard I am definitely fueling it.... You need to either eat some of those calories back based on NEAT or Set your TDEE or cut back on the exercise... You are going to burn yourself out running large deficits and not fueling your body.... Best of Luck
  • Eddieray616
    Eddieray616 Posts: 12 Member
    2-3 hours is too long working out. make it 90 minutes MAX. its not about the time you spend but what you spend your time doing. spending more than 2 hours doing mild exercise (going for a walk etc) is fine but refrain from high intensity stuff for too long. its bad for your body and you'll need to eat it back to sustain your body.

go to the gym for an hour and be strict with your time. burn around 500 cal. don't burn your entire calorie allowance, your body needs that energy to function.