pet peeve

Options
StrengthInPain
StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
Ok I'm sorry, I know I'm probably going to get comments that this is inappropriate and whatever, but I have to put this out there:

you want to LOSE WEIGHT not LOOSE WAIT

lose = to get ride of, like you lose your keys or in many of our cases, pounds
loose = what you want your clothes to be.

don't even get me started on the others.... your vs. you're... too vs. two vs. to.... its vs. it's

i know we aren't writing manuscripts and english papers on here, and yes typos occur, but for the most part, these common mistakes shouldn't happen after the age of 18.

i know i can't be the only one this bothers.

Replies

• unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I no what you mean. Your exactly write! .:laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    If you searched the archives, you'd see many a similar post.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Thank you!
  • goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options

I totally agree with you, but also couldn't help but find the typo in your post funny. :tongue:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the LOOSE instead of lose. <slaps hand> I do that alot... I mean a lot. D'Oh!
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why wine about it?
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

hahahahah, badababump

I'm with ya hun, we are quite lazy with our language; both in written and verbal.
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    And the to instead of too thing. Don't worry it bugs me too.
  • trotters24
    Options

I totally agree with you, but also couldn't help but find the typo in your post funny. :tongue:

Haha, I loved that one too!! :laugh:
  • StrengthInPain
    StrengthInPain Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Haha, I loved that one too!! :laugh:

I know I know, that's what I get for posting from my phone.
  • estherguas
    estherguas Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I agree with you however I agree with smileyface45 also...why whine about it???

I'm here for support and to offer support even if you don't write grammatically correct sentences, paragraphes etc.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

Gah! :wink:

I think I just heard my red pencil sharpen itself in anticipation! (The school year's approaching...... and I'm pretty sure my first essay assignment will be returned by at least one student with the title "Engl. S.A." )