UFO : unfathomable fat on! why the weight gain?

Options
In 4 days I have gained 3 lbs. I weigh every morning. Sodium has not been high. Have not eaten out. No change to exercise, in fact have done a little less. Eaten at. 600-700 cal deficit to TDEE. Not TOM . Have had a BM.
HELP!!!

Replies

• Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I doubt it's fat. It's probably water. Weight doesn't just consist of fat - it is made up of your entire body - muscles, bones, fat, organs....and the water you're carrying in those things for metabolic processes. This will fluctuate daily - in fact, more regularly than that.

If you weigh yourself between two points in a day you'll notice a difference there too - up or down. 4 days is nothing to stress about - I know at ToM I can gain up to 8Ibs of water >.<

Although it's tempting to weigh yourself every day I'd suggest only doing it once a week. Or, do it every day but accept there are fluctuations and don't panic :) Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just a normal daily variation. If daily weighing is causing this much stress maybe you should weigh weekly. Also be careful limiting your sodium too much you're really near the minimum you need around 500 a day if exercising heavily more than that.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing daily and avoid the aggravation. Everyone has fluctuations constantly but you don't have to obsess about them if you don't keep weighing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ...or keep weighing daily and learn about those fluctuations so you won't stress over them.

Are you ovulating?
    Eating more carbs?

Either could cause the scale to go up a few digits.