Bad news, new journey

Options
Good morning all, its me seekroad and i really seek my road. today a new journey begin, yesterday my doctor told me i was doing high cholesterol and now i have to take a pill every night :-( so another excuse to use mfp and really look at what i'm eating and start to exercise more. i'm also a smoker and decide that as of today i'll do everything possible to stop that thing. I know it wont be easy but with all the support and everything i read on here i know everything is possible.

Replies

• syemon
    syemon Posts: 50
    Options
    RIGHT what do you do when u get up in the morning ?? Ill tell you what you do ! Go buy your *kitten* a full length mirror ! and u put it on your bedroom wall ! and each and every morning you wake up you look in that mirror and you tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS" "I LOOK GOOD" "I FEEL GOOD" "IM THE BEST THING SINCE SLICE BREAD" and if you feel a plank you aint shouting it loud enough !!! Motivation comes from self belief , if you don't believe in yourself how do you expect others too !!! Now go buy your *kitten* a mirror and tell yourself u look GOOOOOOOOOD !!! :)
  • dcnpaul
    dcnpaul Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This kind of news from our doctor can and should be a wake up call. I didn't listen to my doctor and ended up having a heart attack and then heart surgery. But it is never too late! Best thing to do is take your doctor's advice and begin - calmly - to reduce your cholesterol. At first you will need the meds then through diet and exercise you will be able to stop them. It also helps to educate yourself on what foods are good for you and what kind of exercise you need. You can do it - Especially with some good friends to help and support you along the way.