Have I completely butchered my efforts...?

Options
2»

Replies

• QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are hungry. When I used to deprive myself my body/mind would eventually rebel and cause me to overeat for all that I had been deprived. Your calorie goal sounds so low to me. I would faint or pass out if I ate that little (at least for now with my weight). What do you weigh and how tall are you?
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you're 18? you need to be eating more than 1200 calories.

Second of all. You need to learn what satiation means in terms of food. A banana is about as filling as a cookie.

and you also need to not worry about jumping on a scale the day after over eating. I over ate like crazy on Wed. 2500 calories. Maintance for me is around 1700.

Didn't freak out for several reasons.
    1.) Tuesday I had a deficit- I didn't eat all my calories- I had about 500 left over.
    2.) its' one day
    3.) I left a little wiggle room on Thursday.

Average out Mon- Sun and my trend is 1700- not 2500.

So I like math- let's do some math. My intake for the week- we are going to do Monday - Friday- and I'm going to put in 2000 for today because- well I want to and it's easier than saying I'm definitely hitting 1700.
    Net calories this week
    10/19 Saturday = 1502
    10/20 Sunday = 1239
    10/21 Monday = 704
    10/22 Tues = 1204
    10/23 Wed = 2309
    10/24 Thurs = 1550
    10/25 Friday = 2000

sum 10,508

Average over 7 days 1501.1 calories.

See- still under- even though I had days when I seriously blew it. (and by the way- the days I seriously blew it- those are my "off days" when I don't work out. Which makes it hard- because I normally work out- and have the room to eat that.

It's okay.

Relax. The OVER ALL trend is more important than the individual numbers.

Also 1.5 lbs means literally nothing- it could just mean you have to go poop. Seriously. You'll probably just feel better if you do anyway :D

Great reply!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some really, really good advice above. Also, this might be a beneficial read on why you gain weight when you eat more than your cut: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/993576-why-you-gain-weight-if-you-eat-more-than-your-cut