Hi I am RobinG2 a newbie

Options
Hello to all who read this - I am a newbie - my name is RobinG2.
I just got started on MFP - the goal is to lose about 15 lbs and to get healthy and stay healthy.
I am 46 about to hit 47 and as the years go by it gets harder and harder to keep the pounds at bay and recently they have started to catch up to me. I went from a lovely size 7 at 145 - 5ft 7in tall to 165 in the course of 3 months. I sit at my desk working all day and find little time to exercise recently which is terrible - so I am turning over a new leaf!

Started using MFP on Monday - have restricted myself to 1200 calories a day for maximum weight loss and went over a tiny bit yesterday but today I started working out hard.

Girls (or guys who want to feel fun and flirty) if you are looking for a fun sexy workout try the *****Cat Dolls dance workout - I am sore but wow it was fun and someday I might even get the foot work right and not trip over my own feet.
Picked up this DVD at WalMart for $10 :wink: this morning and just finished the first workout to 'Don't Cha' - there is a second part to 'Buttons' but I am so out of shape I could not go further :laugh:
I will shoot to get thru both 'Don't Cha' and 'Buttons' tomorrow - but hey 'Don't Cha' was a good 30 min workout and a great start for me burning off 181 calories.

Well to make a bit of dinner now - to keep in my calorie count for the day I have 721 calories left for the day to meet my goal of 1200 - pretty good

Replies

• Angiepackmom4
    Options
    I will have to look for that DVD the next time I'm at Walmart. I just cancelled my gym membership since I never go so it's a waste of money. We recently bought a treadmill but my husband hasn't assembled that yet. I am 41 and boy do I understand what you mean by keeping the pounds off as we get older. Best wishes in your weight loss journey. Add me as a friend if you want.