30day shred?Do i need to add more workouts to reach my goal

Options
So my goal is to go from a size 18 to a size 10 in two months.. So 2 pant sizes a month! Is this achievable with a 1400-1600 calorie intake and doing the 30 day shred?(i'm on day 3and sore as hell, please tell me what day did you notice a big difference in your body) Or do i need to workout more? If so please suggest me good videos that take off inches and burn lots of calories fast cause i'm confused there are lots of good videos like the tiffany rothe's and such! Thank you! :)

Replies

• Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure, but I try to get some brisk walks in with my shred. A nice brisk or fast walk can burn some good calories. When it's bad weather I have done Leslie Sansone's 4 fast miles fat burner and I wear wrist weights. According to her site I burn about 500 calories in 45 minutes.

But as for your goal, I believe everybody is different. I used the Scooby site (sorry I don't remember the name, but Google scooby and calorie calculator) and figured it out that way. But I had to have help adjusting it as I am breastfeeding.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Pants size is soooooo subjective. The smaller pants sizes (for me) ....are like 10 pounds difference between each. Larger sizes ....maybe more than 10 pounds....I'm not sure.

This calculator can give you an idea of time frames..............

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

30 Day Shred is 25 minutes of high impact circuit training (cardio+weights). Higher impact typically burns more calories than lower impact. Cardio typically burns more calories than strength training .....however, strength training is great for inches.....you do want want both....it's not just about burning calories. As you progress (become more fit) ....you will burn fewer calories.

This website: collagevideo.com is extrememly informative on workout DVDs....tons of information (video clips, reviews, equipment requirements, etc.).
  • persea
    persea Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been doing the 30 day shred along with 40 mins of brisk walking for 2 weeks now. I have noticed a slight difference but on the scale but the way my clothes fit. I would use a fitness calculator to estimate how much you can realistically loose in a week (1-2 pounds is generally realistic).
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is a safe weight loss. 2 x 8 weeks is 16 pounds. I think it is doubtful that 16 pounds will translate to 4 pants sizes, but let us know how it goes.
  • apf2013
    apf2013 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Not sure if its possible to do in two months. I would recommend to keep it realistic w/ the 2 lbs a week. Might take a little longer to drop that many sizes, but you will get there. Patience is the key. And remember what works for one person doesnt always work for everyone.