I've lost 120lbs and I am here to help

Options
Russellb97
Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
I struggled with weight my whole life and now that I lost the weight for good it's my calling to help and spread the word.
I''m 33 and am I personal trainer at Anytime Fitness. I just started acting in local theatre's and it's a new passion of mine that losing the weight has allowed me to find.

I have a blog, and a book that will be released nationally in about a month about my diet plan.

I will be around the board seeing if I can help anyone, feel free to message me if your stuck or need any advice.

Russ

Replies

• bostoto19
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! That is such an awesome accomplishment! :-)
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! That is such an awesome accomplishment! :-)

Thank you
    :)
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very cool, THANKS!!!! :wink: And congrats!!! I've always wanted to do that...
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, and welcome to MFP! :-)
  • klmmoore
    klmmoore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. I am new to MFP. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. In the last year I have slowly lost 10 pounds but have plateaued. It seems like the more I work at losing the weight the more I gain. When I don't think about it, I seem to do better. Any suggestions on how to move forward from this slump?
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    That's awesome! Huge congrats on your weight loss and your book! Very exciting! :flowerforyou:
  • dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to congratulate you on your loss, that is a fantastic achievement!
  • antiadipose
    Options
    welcome to MFP and congrats on ur weight loss.
    sharing the knowledge is the best thing u can do @ this point!
    i just wanna go door to door, mcdonalds to mcdonalds and scream at those mothers who buy their kids 2 happy meals a day!
    lol off topic. but congrats to u!!!
  • chacha79
    chacha79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats! I have about 130 to lose and the number seems daunting at times, but I am taking it one pound at a time!
  • Russellb97
    Options
    Wow this is a great welcome, it's great to find a message board like this.

I have been there and done when it comes to diet, I've plateau'd more times than I can remember.
    The biggest key I learned was how to maximize metabolism. Usually when we plateau it's due to declining metabolism from our diet. Once I learned that by having one day a week of a surplus of calories, and then 6 fays of a deficit, my metabolism started rock'n and I hit stride and never looked back.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    welcome to MFP and congrats on ur weight loss.
    sharing the knowledge is the best thing u can do @ this point!
    i just wanna go door to door, mcdonalds to mcdonalds and scream at those mothers who buy their kids 2 happy meals a day!
    lol off topic. but congrats to u!!!

HAHAH ---- Better yet, McDonald's should just close or just sell salad....................... Their salads are pretty good!
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    YIKES! HOW CUTE ARE YOU???? :bigsmile:
  • Russellb97
    Options
    YIKES! HOW CUTE ARE YOU???? :bigsmile:

LOL, thank you.

I agree 100% with the kids and fast food. Kids do not know any better, and parents should. We are simply setting up the ones we love the most for a lifetime of pain and frustration. Kids body's produce fat cells at a very fast weight and fat cells while shrink never go away which is another reason why it is so hard to lose weight.

At fast food and sit down restaurants it is pretty safe to order a grilled chicken sandwich minus the mayo or dressing and just add ketchup and/or mustard. Msot places offer fruit on the side as well. If you go to a place with "happy meals" you can ask them for a toy or buy a toy and to put it in the HM bag and your kids won't know the difference.

Also pop, kids should have pop on very rare occasions not daily like many kids I know.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! it's always awesome to hear from those who have been there, done that, were successful! The more I lose and the better shape I get into, the more I want to help others!
  • legalbyday
    Options
    Great to see you here. I am fairly new and have a question about sugar intake. I'm eating some fruit and a little raisen bran with my plain fat free yogurt (that has sugar in it apparently also??!!) I go over my sugar intake every day without eating candy or anything. Is that crucial to weight loss?

Also, I understand about having that free day and how it can boost your metabolism, but should a person who just started have a free day at first? I'm afraid of those days cuz the next day I want to do it again, and again . . . .

Thanks for joining and congrats on your success.
  • seawillow7
    Options
    Wow!! Absolutely amazing!! Congratulations...I'm sure I will be contacting you at some point for tips and advice!!! How long did it take you to lose that amount of weight???:happy:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    tagged
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to MFP!! It's great to have someone join even (or especially) after they have already achieved their goal. I checked out your blog. Pretty cool! It seems like I have already tried to start implementing several of the things I read about in a few of the entries.

I am just starting this process ( 2 1/2 weeks, 5 pounds so far) so I am excited to see that you made it to the other side!
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just started and would love to ask about fitness. Great to see that you are proactive in finding this site and seeking to help others. I think it is fantastic