Making bad choices

Options
I got tired of all my old snack ideas and have gone back to making less healthy food choices, and just eating too much in general. I need some fresh ideas for snacks and to reinvigorate my will to say no to the things I should cut back on :blushing:

Replies

• darkangel45422
    darkangel45422 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Personally I love fruits (especially berries), deluxe mixed nuts (raw, with nothing added and no peanuts, but the variety of having multiple types of nuts keeps it from getting boring), dark chocolate and leftovers (who says you can't eat "meal food" for a snack!). I honestly don't snack very often but when I do get the urge, the nuts are what I usually go for.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Things I keep on hand for snacks:
    nuts
    trail mix
    beef jerky
    veggie or crackers & hummus
    string cheese
    applesauce
    hard boiled eggs
    Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges
    apples and PB2
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Things I keep on hand for snacks:
    nuts
    trail mix
    beef jerky
    veggie or crackers & hummus
    string cheese
    applesauce
    hard boiled eggs
    Laughing Cow cream cheese wedges
    apples and PB2

Yeah, I've done most of those.. I guess maybe I'm just lacking motivation :ohwell: I just have no willpower lately.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I totally plan on making bad choices tonight.. There will be beer and probably ice cream and i have no idea what is being cooked for me.. but he's not as healthy a cooker as i am.. And I'm gonna enjoy every last bit of it..

ahh but to answer your question?? I bring apples and PB to work and various veggies and all kinds of foods in tupperware. Even a protein bar, although I think I want to get away from those again.. and I love hard boiled eggs.

:smooched: :drinker: :heart: :love:
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like a so called "mug cake".

I take a big mug. I put in a whole egg (or two) and I add 10-20g of unsweetened cocoa powder. That tastes pretty bitter. Then I add peanut butter. I add some baking soda.

Add no or less peanut butter for less calories.

Then I microwave the mug until I see it start to rise out of the mug. Then I open the microwave and stir it again with a spoon to take out some of the volume. Then I microwave it again until it rises out of the cup. Then I repeat to stir it. Then microwave again.

What's left is like a dry chocolate cake/mousse. Microwaving it one time less makes it less dry. It's pretty bitter but it's very satisfying if you have a chocolate craving.

I guess you could add all kinds of other things but this is what I do.