Hungry Girl Recipes

Options
sanrog
sanrog Posts: 68
Does anyone have any favorite "Hungry Girl Recipes"? I just made the "crispy tuna croquettes" for dinner. They were yummy. It makes 2 servings and I was going to to eat the other serving tomorrow for lunch - but my kids ate them up. :wink:

Replies

• dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, we have a couple of Hungry Girl books and one of our favourites is the Butternut pumpkin chips .... so good!
  • Kristin77
    Options
    Hungry Girl Sassy 'n Steamy Artichoke 

Ingredients: 
    1 large artichoke 

For Creamy Salsa Dipping Sauce 
    1 1/2 tbsp. fat-free plain Greek yogurt (Fage Total 0% is the best)
    1 1/2 tbsp. salsa 

For Lemon Butter Dipping Sauce 
    1 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) 
    1/4 tsp. lemon juice 
    1/4 tsp. chopped garlic 

Directions: 
    Cut stem off artichoke and remove small, tough leaves at the base. Slice an inch off the top of the artichoke and, if you like, trim the tips of the leaves with kitchen shears. 

Place artichoke in a large microwave-safe bowl, base down, and add about 1/2 inch of water to the bowl. Cover and microwave for 6 - 8 minutes. Let stand for 1 - 2 minutes before uncovering. Leaves should detach easily from artichoke. Drain water and allow to cool slightly. 

To make the creamy salsa, combine yogurt with salsa in a small bowl and mix well. 

To make the lemon butter sauce, combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds, or until melted, and mix well. 

Serve your steamed 'choke with dipping sauce(s). Here's the 1-2-3 on how to eat it: 

1. Pull off a leaf and dip the base in sauce. 

2. Place the base in your mouth, dip side up, and gently close your teeth around it. 

3. Scrape it along your top teeth to consume the soft, delicious part (YUM!), and then discard the leaf. 

Now repeat! And when all the leaves are gone, scoop out and discard the thistle-like choke, and enjoy the artichoke bottom (the BEST part)! 

MAKES 1 SERVING 

Serving Size: 1 artichoke with both sauces (entire recipe) 
    Calories: 163 
    Fat: 7.75g 
    Sodium: 444mg 
    Carbs: 19.5g 
    Fiber: 9g 
    Sugars: 1.5g 
    Protein: 7.5g 

POINTS® value 3* 

HG FYI! The steamed artichoke itself has 76 calories, <0.5g fat, and 8.5g fiber (POINTS® value 1*), the creamy salsa has 18 calories, 0g fat, and <0.5g fiber (POINTS® value 0*), and the lemon butter sauce has 69 calories, 7.5g fat, and 0g fiber (POINTS® value 2*).
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i like several of them it's hard to narrow it down
    chicken cordon blu, barkyard bbq beef cups just to name a few
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It's not quite a food recipe, but the Hungry Girl Margarita is amaaaaaazing. It's so low calorie and it's better than the margaritas I used to order.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    I will have to try the hungry girl margarita - I love margaritas.
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Are all of The Hungry Girl's recipes low cal/low fat? Or just some? I am sick of my recipes and looking for something new.

Thanks.