Water weight

Options
My weight changes all the time. I feel as if I am at my normal weight 177.6 in the morning. Some days I wake up at 180. I run and lift weights a lot. I worked real hard to lose all my weight I have lost 80 pounds. I sometimes though wake up and I would say drink a total of half a gallon of water through out the night. I burn about 700 calories a day. Could it just be my body is dehydrated and that added weight is water weight. I eat healthy I do not go over 2000 calories I would say.

Replies

• bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My weight changes all the time. I feel as if I am at my normal weight 177.6 in the morning. Some days I wake up at 180. I run and lift weights a lot. I worked real hard to lose all my weight I have lost 80 pounds. I sometimes though wake up and I would say drink a total of half a gallon of water through out the night. I burn about 700 calories a day. Could it just be my body is dehydrated and that added weight is water weight. I eat healthy I do not go over 2000 calories I would say.

How many calories are you supposed to have every day? Are you logging all your food and drink? It could be water retention. What are you doing differently with your diet from when you were losing?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Well, a half gallon of water weighs about 4 pounds so if your body hasn't processed all of it by the time you weigh yourself, I suppose some of that could be water weight. Also, when you work out, especially if you're increasing your intensity (speed, distance, higher weight, etc), your muscles may be retaining water and glycogen as part of the healing process. Also high sodium intake would increase the likelyhood of water retention.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Well, a half gallon of water weighs about 4 pounds so if your body hasn't processed all of it by the time you weigh yourself, I suppose some of that could be water weight. Also, when you work out, especially if you're increasing your intensity (speed, distance, higher weight, etc), your muscles may be retaining water and glycogen as part of the healing process. Also high sodium intake would increase the likelyhood of water retention.

^^^ high sodium-- be careful!
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    it is normal to fluctuate several pounds in maintenance. As long as you're within like a five pound range you're not gaining the weight back.