Body weight

Options
I am going to the Penn State Ohio State football game this weekend. Will one day hurt my progress. I will eat food and drink beer. There is no question. But, will one day eating and drinking like that add on weight. Of course when I get back on Sunday I will get back to my running routine. I burn all most 700 calories a day. Will one day affect my body like that? If it does would it just be fluctuations?

Replies

• thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    No one day will not massively ruin your progress. Go have fun. Don't stress this too much.
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't. YOu might experience some water fluctuation. But instead of going in and saying, I'm going to eat and drink all I want to, go in saying - I will TRY to eat the bad stuff in moderation and fill up before the game on healthy food to avoid overeating. My issue is always when I blow and entire day - that day can spill over to entire weeks, no matter how much I say I will go back to it tomorrow. Remain in control at all times and make smart decisions where you can make them.
  • AmandaLou4319
    AmandaLou4319 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing on game day. I am University of Louisville fan.

For me, as long as I am on track the next day, my weight does not flux. The morning after the game my weight is up. However, after a day of being back on track the weight goes back down.

I have found also that the first day back on your eating plan can be difficult after a cheat day. I just keep reminding myself to fight through the cravings. Once that first day is over, things get much easier!

Good luck!
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bad+meal.jpg
  • seanr345
    Options
    Yeah true thanks guys. I will most def get back to my work out schedule after this weekend. Just eating in moderation and not over eating will help.
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    love what jackjackattck has posted above!
  • ertlandia
    Options
    bad+meal.jpg

epic answer ^ what that says
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    OMG..have FUN!!! Don't worry about the one day! We were up there for the Michigan/PSU game and I let myself go loose and enjoyed it!! That's not saying you can't make SOME healthier choices, but you have to learn how to live and find moderation. One day of heavy eating and drinking will probably cause you some fluctuations for a day, two or maybe even a week. But you will certainly not ruin all the good you're doing your body on a regular basis. Two things I always do when tailgating to help me be just a little better about my choices are: 1) carry nutrition bars to curb the excess tailgate eating and 2) drink 1 bottle of water to every 2 beers. And let's go Lions!!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't. YOu might experience some water fluctuation. But instead of going in and saying, I'm going to eat and drink all I want to, go in saying - I will TRY to eat the bad stuff in moderation and fill up before the game on healthy food to avoid overeating. My issue is always when I blow and entire day - that day can spill over to entire weeks, no matter how much I say I will go back to it tomorrow. Remain in control at all times and make smart decisions where you can make them.

^this^

It's fine to kick back and relax, but that doesn't mean to go extreme and just stuff your face. Bring some healthy snacks, eat some of your favorites you've been staying away from, between beers have a glass of water, and be as active as you can.

Run steps between the first and second half, walk to the farther away bathroom, jump out of your seat every good play. Make sure you're not just on your bum the entire time.
  • archoo_letsdothis
    archoo_letsdothis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just make a mental estimate of the amount of calories you are going to eat. That way you can adjust rest of your week around it and work out the excess. Have fun.