How strict are you with your Macros?

Options
RunBrew
RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
Not really a burning need to know, but social curiosity. I'm wondering what others here do in a similar situation:

It's after dinner and you're looking over your daily log. You notice that you have a significant number of calories left over, like maybe 15% of your total, you have hit your macro target for protein and fat, but still have some carbs left
would you rather:

1) let em die (stay under for the day)
2) eat something that is pretty much 100% carbs (like an apple)
3) eat something delicious and carb-y, but go 2-3% over on fat and/or protein (like cake)

Let's assume you'd stay under your calorie goal for the day regardless of what you choose. total calories are not the issue, only macros.

Obviously you can do anyone of the three depending on your hunger or cravings, I'm asking what you'd *PREFER* to do on any given day.

Just for fun.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I pay not attention at all to macros, and I don't obsess about calories so if I were under and not hungry I wouldn't worry about it.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    atkins killed my fear of fat, when i'm done with it in another week or so, i'm just setting my protein intake at whatever precentage gets me 1 oz per body weight and eating whatever macro combination i want from there.

thats a plan for maintenance tho, if i really wanted to lose a lot or quickly i might be a little stricter.
  • rhileyschubbygranny
    rhileyschubbygranny Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make SURE that I get in enough protien and try very hard to stay below the sodium level but I am usallly a bit over on it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I try to get close in protein (goal is 120, I try to get to 110 or at the very least 100), after that I really don't care. I'm often 20 over on carbs but I know a lot of carbs are fiber so it's not a big deal.