Running NSV

Barbonica
Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
I just ran 4 miles with a sub-10 pace (9:52)! I was only able to do 3 miles at a sub-10 pace to date, and just started increasing distance in the past couple of weeks. For the first 50 years of my life, I NEVER thought I would say "I'm going running", but a month away from 52 and here I am bragging about it. :happy:

Replies

• jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Nice!! I'm a bit jealous!! :drinker:
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    That's fantastic! I can relate to saying "I'm never going running". I'm 37 now, and I've been heavy since I was 5. Running has always been torture. I started C25K last spring, and now I'm up to 5 miles with about a 10-12 minute pace, depending upon the day and terrain. And when I'm walking on my lunch break, I sometimes find myself wishing I was running. I'm so happy for you! It's an amazing thing that we are strong enough and determined enough to turn something we hated/dreaded into something we love. I would consider it a small miracle. Great work and wishing you continued success!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Thanks - nice to share the victories! My goal is run 5 miles without stopping by the end of the year; don't care how fast. Of course, as soon as I do it once, I want to do it faster. Guess that is the nature of running.
  • PianoRun
    PianoRun Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome!
    and inspiring.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Amazing pace!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!