Cutting down belly flab

Hi fellow fitness enthusiasts,

I have lost 25 pounds in the last 11 weeks, by working out and watching what I eat. (Same food, but spread over meals, lesser beer and sweets). I started at 21.5% BF and now am at 15%, so mostly I have lost fat rather than lean mass. I was 195 and now am 170. I stand 6'2 but am trying to be lean and not bulky. Most of the fat was around my belly and its almost flat now. But I have this loose skin hanging and it looks flabby. Iam an indian guy and eat regular food, coz want something that is repeatable. Can tweak my food, but carbs are still going to be there in my diet.
I am continuing my workouts and getting stronger and more muscle, but the stomach even though flat doesnt look fit enough, like I know 6 packs are not what am looking for but I want the skin to be tighter around my abs.

Any pointers to what could help aid this process would be a great help.

Thanks
Sreejit

Replies

• Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    It takes up to 2 years for the skin to tighten after weight loss. You should also hydrate the skin. Get a cream for stretch marks (look at the pregnancy section of the pharmacy) and apply around your stomach. Do also jacknife, v-ups, double leg hundreds, Russian twists, etc, not just weights, so you will tighten the lower stomach as well.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    That's just going to take time. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will tighten up.
  • Thank you!!