Wang Gang Asian eats

Options
Out to dinner tonight at Wang Gang Asian Eats. Not my normal eating fare and I am so unsure of what to avoid and what to enjoy. Any ideas? Thanks so much - they have no nutrition listed on the menu but looks as if most items come with sauce of some type or Chinese mayo.

Replies

• judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No help?
  • judykat7
    Options
    Please?
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well since you seem desperate:) and no one else is chiming in, here's what I'd pick. Either the sriracha, salmon or asian chop salad (with dressing on the side so you can decide how much) or the salmon filet with asparagus and brown rice. Or try combining an appetizer with soup, I'd go with a spring roll and the roasted pepper soup.
    Good luck and enjoy dinner!
  • wanggang56
    Options
    Greetings,

This is the owner of Wang Gang Asian, Ryan, replying. While we do not have nutritional values for our meals (costs about $1,200 per meal to get analyzed x 85 + items, and you can surmise why a lot of independent restaurants can't afford it), we do have directions for you.

First, you can order most any meal 'heart healthy' meaning it doesn't get cooked in any type of oils, it is blanched. Second you can order gluten free - that does help many people out. Lastly, order any rice dish with our brown rice - a healthy favorite.

We offer a very wide range of fresh vegetables hand cut in house, and dishes with them. You can also order 'sauce on the side' which means you can control how much of it you are consuming.

Items we suggest: Asparagus stir fry, any salmon dish, salads, any entree heart healthy, wok tossed green beans, fresh spring rolls, and ordering items, but dividing the plate in 2 - we serve large portions.

Thanks and when yo come in, look me up, or ask for a manager to assist you in your ordering process.
    RPO
  • judykat7
    Options
    Hi Ryan,

Thanks for replying. I enjoyed my dinner that night and didn't feel too guilty. There were lots of choices, I was just trying to be "good" but still enjoy my outing and get the feel of the restaurant. I will be back and use some of your suggestions next time. E'ville is our go to place for an evening out, lots of good eats there and we mix it up a bit. But Wang Gang is one of our friends absolute favorite and always their choice. This will help me be more agreeable!

Thanks again,
    Judy