am I sedentary or lightly active?

Options
I'm a full-time college student. I walk around buildings and/or campus roughly 45 minutes a day, including to and from the train station. I always take the stairs (it's a 3-floor building), so should I list my activity level as sedentary or lightly active? I'm adding in marching band and gym time as workouts.

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    even most people with desk jobs are not truly "sedentary" so I would recommend setting your activity as lightly active.
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm also a full-time student, but I have myself set to sedentary, and just log my workouts.

You could always try lightly active, and if you're not getting the results you want, go to sedentary.

Or vice versa, you could try sedentary, and if you feel it's too restrictive, bump yourself to lightly active.

It's all about finding the balance which works for you. :)
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Unless you're truly sitting on you butt allllllllll day long, I'd recommend that you do not choose sedentary. :flowerforyou:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I set my activity as sedentary and eat back all the exercise calories (but i usually go over my calorie goal, so i might as well set it as lightly active) Sorry, i am not being helpful :(
    But its all about trial and error and what works for you:) Just make sure not to under/over eat. Find a good balance where you are losing around a pound per week, which would mean you are doing good :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    even most people with desk jobs are not truly "sedentary" so I would recommend setting your activity as lightly active.

I disagree, with less than 5000 steps a day you're very much sedentary, and a lot of people walk maybe 2000 steps during the day.

OP, you're definitely lightly active.